Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Drake - For All The Dogs šŸ•

And that "BE" Album was the beginning of Common's lyrical downfall.

Not this Dragonball Head Nikka. I don't care if he's a Bonafide G, him sticking up for Drake like this over an Opinion makes it look like he's blowing Smoke Signals.
U bugging Common killed it w that trilogy minus UMC

Be , Finding Forever, The Dreamer/Believer
Great works

U bugging Common killed it w that trilogy minus UMC

Be , Finding Forever, The Dreamer/Believer
Great works

"UMC" was Mt. Trashmore status. I keep telling folks Pharrell is Hype. The other 2 I wasn't feeling as much. The thing that saved "BE" for me was Kanye's production. Not 1 skippable Track on that Album, in my Opinion.

To make it worse, "Electric Circus" was better than "BE" to me because of his Lyricism, which fell off on the next Album, in my Opinion.....

......that, and introducing me to the Godfather of Neo-Soul, Omar Lye-fook:

for those who don't know, Omar is over his Left Shoulder, right next to his Head.

....the more I think about it, this Album was HELLA Fresh. "Star * 69 (PS With Love)" had Prince fiddling around in the Studio here and there. You can totally feel his Presence in that Track:

Be & Finding Forever is Commonā€™s best work.
Shit got me listening to Finding Forever right now

play your cards right got me jamming all over the office

This was a cool moment ā€¦- Jeremy Piven is fucking up on the bongos but itā€™s whatever

"UMC" was Mt. Trashmore status. I keep telling folks Pharrell is Hype. The other 2 I wasn't feeling as much. The thing that saved "BE" for me was Kanye's production. Not 1 skippable Track on that Album, in my Opinion.

To make it worse, "Electric Circus" was better than "BE" to me because of his Lyricism, which fell off on the next Album, in my Opinion.....

......that, and introducing me to the Godfather of Neo-Soul, Omar Lye-fook:

for those who don't know, Omar is over his Left Shoulder, right next to his Head.

....the more I think about it, this Album was HELLA Fresh. "Star * 69 (PS With Love)" had Prince fiddling around in the Studio here and there. You can totally feel his Presence in that Track:

Yea imo EC ain't better than BE, but EC got some fire on it for sure

Before we go off topic I will say that
The Dreamer/Believer is a masterpiece

Basically KD /Magic before...KD and Magic

The only weak song on the Dreamer album unironically was the Drake diss lol
Wasn't there supposed to be some No ID/Nas or Nas/Common collab album after the Dreamer/Believer came out? Because of how well Ghetto Dreams was received? Maybe I'm just imagining it

Back