Welcome To aBlackWeb

Drake Breaks Record For Most Weeks At #1

Wrong. If you hear a song 50X per day it will start to grow on you.
Foh
I don't even listen to the radio how tf u gon tell me

If I keep hearing a song all the fucking time thats especially when I don't fuck with it or do my best to avoid it.
Like for example that boo'd up song shit gets played all the damn time, it's cool but it does nothing for me

According to u the machine supposed to make me love it tho right

Foh

If I keep hearing a song all the fucking time thats especially when I don't fuck with it or do my best to avoid it.
Like for example that boo'd up song shit gets played all the damn time, it's cool but it does nothing for me

It comes down to this, niggas just hate the cool kids. I was there when I was a teenager and shit, on some fuck the mainstream type shit. But the thing is the older I get I give due to a dope ass song regardless if the person is a cornball or not. Drake has Soo many hits Im sure everyone in this thread fucks with one of them. If y'all don't then stats don't lie bruh, Drake has a talent to make fun ass songs at least for women. If y'all can't enjoy that, then y'all must be single or don't enjoy pussy lol.

BTW I think black youngsta is trash, but when "Booty" comes on I'm thankful because it's ass shaking galore LMAO.

Tf
Yall bumping that chink shit?
That ishi ma or whatever shit was ok but that shit above...nah

Foh

So you're saying that songs that get played 50x per day don't outsell songs that don't get played at all(underground/indie)?

So you're saying that songs that get played 50x per day don't outsell songs that don't get played at all(underground/indie)?
I'm not saying none of that shit
You are.
You originally implied some mysterious machine is making niggaz love drake songs and I'm telling u that ain't the case with me. I've been a fan yet still i don't automatically like everything he put out.

As far as underground shit. A lot of stuff was underground, got a buzz, then graduated to being played all day.
Did the mysterious machine made it get a buzz too or what?

Who has THE number 1 record ?? Michael Jackson ? The Beatles ?

Yeah I thought after album 3 he was going to wane and fade away but he's been so incredibly cautious and keeps reinventing himself. Definitely deserves a pat on the back for longevity and consistent album sales. What's crazy is he's selling even more records as he goes along. Scorpion is at 4x Platinum already

He already has more number 1's than them. He just breaking his own records at this point.

Only thing he lacks is diamond records which nobody can get in this climate.

Taking credit away from Drake is the last thing any objective person can do.

He has this so called army bc of his talent. 100s of artists are force fed thru the radio and the majority dont have a run on the radar of drake.

He has the backing he has bc his talent generates it.

Well I don't listen to top 40 radio. But I remember when Drake started picking up steam I bought his Take Care album to see what the hype was about. I probably listened to the album once or twice but I wasn't feeling it at all. Too much singing.

Honestly, I don't like Drake and I think he's marginally talented. Furthermore, with the rumors that he has ghostwriters I'm not taking any credit away from him. I'm simply saying that he had producers and ghostwriters making the songs for him. He's just a puppet. He does what his handlers tell him to do.

Years ago on the IC I used to say that Drake had the potential to be the next Jay in terms of dropping no.1 albums but he doing more than I could have imagined.

So Far Gone changed a lot of shit and helped steer the culture to what it is now. Drake has always had the formula. He is just adapting and evolving it. And he did it as the new era of streaming came to be what it is now.

Man Drake is not slowing down no time soon. Shit is crazy, I had him falling in a year, but nah. He running out of waves to ride though. My next theory is he gonna ride the DC go go wave or the Chi town/jersey house music shit.

After that, the only thing is left is K Pop, Bollywood music, and Country music.

I dont get this wave shit

"rap singing" wasnt popping when drake came out
"dance hall" music wasnt popping when drake dropped Views
"bounce music" wasnt popping when drake dropped Scorpion

I dont get this wave shit

"rap singing" wasnt popping when drake came out
"dance hall" music wasnt popping when drake dropped Views
"bounce music" wasnt popping when drake dropped Scorpion
Drake co-signed it brother which is probably the most powerful cosign in music right now. I mean look what he did for that blocboy JB nigga. Drake is a music nerd behind the scenes so whatever new shit he rides its gonna be brand new with white girls in Calabasas. Like it's crazy to me fucking 5th ward weebie is in white models radio stations.

My point is Drake ride local waves and bring it to the mainstream and folks believe it's some new fly shit. That look alive shit was classic ass Memphis sound.

That shit not charting top 5 on billboards with Young Dolph, Blocboy, and Starlito bruh. That's all I'm saying .

I used to say the same until the Meek Mill beef and the reference tapes dropped. Time will tell tho.

I think it's dope tho that along of youngins quote him on IG for captions and stuff. Kinda like how people used to always quote Hov. The similarities are there but iuno.

But my boy Kendrick I think will surpass Jay-Z and NaS in 20 years. Kendrick is truly an anomaly. Niggas can nosign me but Kendrick one of my favorite rappers alive right now.
Sion with the hot take of the year right here! Lol jk

Well I don't listen to top 40 radio. But I remember when Drake started picking up steam I bought his Take Care album to see what the hype was about. I probably listened to the album once or twice but I wasn't feeling it at all. Too much singing.

Honestly, I don't like Drake and I think he's marginally talented. Furthermore, with the rumors that he has ghostwriters I'm not taking any credit away from him. I'm simply saying that he had producers and ghostwriters making the songs for him. He's just a puppet. He does what his handlers tell him to do.
Everything plays a part. If drake was just a puppet 'they' can just plug & play, 'they' can make any artist hot or maintain longevity.

Do labels try to pull that shit? Sure all the time. But the market dictates whos hot and who goes cold. Its only so long an artist can be forced on the radio before they disappear n u wonder what happened to them.

Let me see if I can articulate my point.

20 years ago the machine told us that Eminem was The GOAT. He was on the cover of all the magazines and his videos and songs were getting played 50X per day.

In hindsight Eminem's music wasn't all that and doesn't have much replay value. He was the Great White Hype.

The same thing could be happening with Drake. The Great jewish Hype

Back