Drake Breaks Record For Most Weeks At #1

Let me see if I can articulate my point.

20 years ago the machine told us that Eminem was The GOAT. He was on the cover of all the magazines and his videos and songs were getting played 50X per day.

In hindsight Eminem's music wasn't all that and doesn't have much replay value. He was the Great White Hype.

The same thing could be happening with Drake. The Great jewish Hype

That's subjective. You can't determine that for the whole world. A lot of people still listen to his old music

20 years ago the machine told us that Eminem was The GOAT. He was on the cover of all the magazines and his videos and songs were getting played 50X per day.
Nah fam...Dre cosign, controversial lyrics, white skin, talent started it.

In hindsight Eminem's music wasn't all that and doesn't have much replay value.

Music not aging well does not have anything to do with the popularity of its time. Creed's music is ridiculed nowadays. Does not take away from the huge impact and popularity they had during their peak.

Ever heard of Bone Thugz N Harmony ?

Dance Hall ? Ever heard of Buju Banton and Beenie Man, Elephant Man ??? Super Cat and Heavy D/Biggie???

Bounce Music ? Lil Wayne, BG, Warren Mayes, Pimp Daddy, Cash Money, DJ Jubilee, Magnolia Slim, Master P, Choppa Style ?

I think Drake dope too but maaaaaddd niggas came before him and made that shit popular on a nationwide level before Drake. Fam I hope you not from Louisiana, Cleveland, Chicago, NY or the Caribbean Talkin like that....

None of that shit was touching the average rap fan and besides Wayne none of them dudes are/were none hence me saying ppl was checking for them.

BT? Man that shit was 100 years ago.

Dance Hall music was not something being played everybody and was listened to by everybody

And Eminem IS one of the GOATs

The only reason I agree that Eminem is "one of the GOATS" is because of his record sales, not because of his actual music. Due to the fact that he is the highest selling rapper he's in the conversation, but in my personal opinion, his discography isn't in the top 50.

Nah fam...Dre cosign, controversial lyrics, white skin, talent started it.

Music not aging well does not have anything to do with the popularity of its time. Creed's music is ridiculed nowadays. Does not take away from the huge impact and popularity they had during their peak.

Yeah Eminem had/has talent but lets be honest with each other, if his discography was by a Black artist he wouldn't have sold 1/10 of what he sold.

Also, the machine wouldn't have backed him the way they did if he was Black. Jay Z's music is 10X better and he can't sell records like Eminem. Ditto for Nas, Ghostface (and the rest of Wu), The Roots, Kendrick, Common, Mos Def, Wayne, J Cole, Rakim, KRS One, Public Enemy, etc.

Anyway, Drake has the machine backing him. In my opinion, its because he's jewish. jewish people want Drake to be the highest selling rapper and they have a lot of connections in the industry that they can force his records to be played instead of other rappers who are just as good if not better.

I'm not convinced that Drake is better than Joey Badass, Kendrick, Chance The Rapper, Big Krit, Asap Rocky or any of the new generation of rappers. The only thing Drake has that those guys don't have is that he's jewish.

Yeah Eminem had/has talent but lets be honest with each other, if his discography was by a Black artist he wouldn't have sold 1/10 of what he sold.
So why couldnt Vanilla Ice, Beastie Boyz, Paul Wall, Iggy Azalea, etc have the same success Em did?

I'm not convinced that Drake is better than Joey Badass, Kendrick, Chance The Rapper, Big Krit, Asap Rocky or any of the new generation of rappers. The only thing Drake has that those guys don't have is that he's jewish.
Party music will ALWAYS sell more than conscious/lyricism

So why couldnt Vanilla Ice, Beastie Boyz, Paul Wall, Iggy Azalea, etc have the same success Em did?

You don't remember but back in 1986 The Beastie Boys outsold Run DMC. At one point in time License To Ill was the highest selling rap album of all time. It sold 4X platinum.

Here was the chronological order (these groups were all managed by Russell Simmons, The Beasties and LL were on Def Jam)

Summer 1986 - Run DMC's Raising Hell was released and sold 3x Platinum

December 1986 - The Beastie Boys License To Ill was released and sold 4X Platinum

Summer 1987 LL Cool J's Bigger & Deffer was released and sold 2X platinum

5 grand lowkey anti-semitic

I'm not lowkey anti-semetic, judaism is a gutter religion and I'll scream it from a mountaintop.

Here's Vanilla Ice on selling 160 Million records

I'm not lowkey anti-semetic, judaism is a gutter religion and I'll scream it from a mountaintop.
giphy.gif

Man... if It was so easy to make an artist with the longevity and crossover appeal like yall are saying you'd think there would be one at each label so they can all eat like universal is... lol smh
Drake fits a certain look.
He's also non threatening.

You don't remember but back in 1986 The Beastie Boys outsold Run DMC. At one point in time License To Ill was the highest selling rap album of all time. It sold 4X platinum.

Here was the chronological order (these groups were all managed by Russell Simmons, The Beasties and LL were on Def Jam)

Summer 1986 - Run DMC's Raising Hell was released and sold 3x Platinum

December 1986 - The Beastie Boys License To Ill was released and sold 4X Platinum

Summer 1987 LL Cool J's Bigger & Deffer was released and sold 2X platinum
What does this prove tho? There are way more white hip hop artists that get nowhere vs the handful being named.

There are also way more white ppl in America.

Is it the 'machine' or demographics?

What does this prove tho? There are way more white hip hop artists that get nowhere vs the handful being named.

There are also way more white ppl in America.

Is it the 'machine' or demographics?

You said;

You asked "why couldn't Vanilla Ice and The Beastie Boys have the same success Eminem did?"

My response is that Vanilla Ice and The Beastie Boys DID have the same success as Eminem. The Beastie Boys sold 4X Platinum, which at the time was the highest selling rap album of all time. Vanilla Ice went diamond.

The Beasties were very successful. Vanilla Ice's career came to a halt because he told everybody that he grew up in the hood, which turned out to be false. Also, he wasn't much of a rapper. At the end of the day he came off as being cheesy, but his total record sales is 160 Million, which is probably more than Jay Z, Nas and probably 2PAC.

You asked, "Is it the machine or demographics?"

It's both. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that White people will support a White artist that makes Black music. They figured that out in the 50s with Elvis Presley and again in the 60s with The Beatles.

When Rap music came out in the 80s it was just a matter of time before they found a White rapper to exploit. First it was The Beastie Boys and then 3rd Bass and eventually Vanilla Ice.

20 years from now Black Americans will invent a new form of music. It will be completely new. Just as Blacks invented Gospel, Blues, Jazz, Rock, Reggae and Hip Hop, in the future Black people will come up with something that is completely outside the box. And sooner or later the machine will pick a White person to perform that style of music and they will give that White artist marketing and promotion that will propel that White artist to the top. It always happens.

But as far as this thread is concerned, Drake gets the marketing and promotion because he's jewish. If he was Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Agnostic, Buddist or Hindu and made the exact same music he wouldn't be as popular. He wouldn't have the producers, ghostwriters and high budget videos. He'd just be another rapper to come and go.

You said;

You asked "why couldn't Vanilla Ice and The Beastie Boys have the same success Eminem did?"

My response is that Vanilla Ice and The Beastie Boys DID have the same success as Eminem. The Beastie Boys sold 4X Platinum, which at the time was the highest selling rap album of all time. Vanilla Ice went diamond.

The Beasties were very successful. Vanilla Ice's career came to a halt because he told everybody that he grew up in the hood, which turned out to be false. Also, he wasn't much of a rapper. At the end of the day he came off as being cheesy, but his total record sales is 160 Million, which is probably more than Jay Z, Nas and probably 2PAC.
Right i was wrong about beastie boys n vanilla ice success but it was to make the point that there are way more white rappers that struggle to get the success of Em, beastie boys or vanilla ice. Wayyyyy more are unsuccessful. That point still remains, i admittedly just used the wrong examples.

You asked, "Is it the machine or demographics?"

It's both.
I agree with u there...tho the 'machine' caters to the demographics and not the other way around.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that White people will support a White artist that makes Black music. They figured that out in the 50s with Elvis Presley and again in the 60s with The Beatles.

When Rap music came out in the 80s it was just a matter of time before they found a White rapper to exploit. First it was The Beastie Boys and then 3rd Bass and eventually Vanilla Ice.

20 years from now Black Americans will invent a new form of music. It will be completely new. Just as Blacks invented Gospel, Blues, Jazz, Rock, Reggae and Hip Hop, in the future Black people will come up with something that is completely outside the box. And sooner or later the machine will pick a White person to perform that style of music and they will give that White artist marketing and promotion that will propel that White artist to the top. It always happens.

But as far as this thread is concerned, Drake gets the marketing and promotion because he's jewish. If he was Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Agnostic, Buddist or Hindu and made the exact same music he wouldn't be as popular. He wouldn't have the producers, ghostwriters and high budget videos. He'd just be another rapper to come and go.
Its 2018, white rappers still havent taken over rap and its the most popular genre in America right now.

Drake isnt the only jewish rapper out here. Hes just the most successful one...not because hes jewish, bc he knows how to put hit records together, unlike the other jewish rappers u failed to name bc u dont know they exist...and lets not forget....the rap culture fucks with drake 100%

^^^ this post reeks of "just started listening to hip hop in 2002!" SMMFH

You can't be fuckin serious LOOOOOLOLOLOLLLOLLOLOL

Fuck outta here, me and boys had our own fucking mixtape before the towers fall. I know music, I created music, I seen a nigga sit in the lab for days straight trying to get a verse right and sample a riff off a Guns&Roses album. At one point in my life music was everything to me. I know the history and what was HOT and EVERYBODY was tying to emulate. And nobody was making bounce music like that and Dance was not main stream or ppl was breaking the backs to make it jump

Bone Thugs did that shit decades ago and Drake made the shit back hot in like 2009-2010

NOBODY was playing Bounce music except southern Louisiana ppl. Shit was not hot anywhere else

Dance Hall was know but not some shit that you can just turn on the radio and here all day. It wasnt main stream