Welcome To aBlackWeb

Down South folks when the NY set comes on in the club

NY music was played heavy in Nola in the early 00's. Every party and club had a set. Every single one

Baton rouge, not so much. Boosie, webbie, c-loc, bounce music, etc...

I'm not saying everybody should know what every city in every state is but damn some of y'all niggas only know the 4 corners of the block you grew up on. Smh

No Roc da mic?
I didn't even spell buddy name right, so you know it ain't a go. And I actually like that song, but most of my people don't really mess wit too much Eastcoast hiphop. We really only hear those type of songs on the radio, "Drive at Five", when they play prerecorded dj sets.

Hurricane Chris is from Shreveport

Never heard of Hurricane Chris either

Maaaan....I thought Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport were tha commonly known Louisiana cities....y’all fuckin’ wit’ me right?! Lol

I've heard of Baton Rouge and New Orleans, but I've never heard of Shreveport.

I'd be interested in hearing from the older posters. Because The South didn't really blow up until the mid/late 90s. So in the 80s and early 90s, what were they playing in the clubs in The South?

I'd be interested in hearing from the older posters. Because The South didn't really blow up until the mid/late 90s. So in the 80s and early 90s, what were they playing in the clubs in The South?

Nigga you heard the songs " Aye Babay Aye Babay and Halle Berryyyyyyy Halle Berry"

Brah, you from another planet or something or intentionally oblivious to obvious shit

You mean to tell me you've never and I do mean NEVER heard "aye bay bay" or "Halle berry" not once even on accident?

I can't say that's been my experience. I did quite a bit of clubbing in the South (most ATL and Tallahassee), and there was always at least one East Coast set.

Then to be fair, I'm only speaking for south Louisiana.

What NY songs got played back in the day? Or even now?

Whatever was hot for the moment.
The regulars were Biggie's "Juicy", "Mo Money More Problems".
Used to be Jay Z's "Hello", "Big Pimpin", or "Girls" sometimes.

I stopped fucking with them spots before the virus.
I don't know what they do now.

Last edited:

I’m an older poster but not that damn old lol...I was not going to tha club in tha 80’s...now I’m tha early 90’s tha clubs I went to were only playing Miami Bass shit...unless I went to an underground hip-hop club that played NY shit....but by tha time I was able to go clubbing it was Miami Bass shit...Mid ‘90’s it was still Bass mixed wit mainstream songs from every area

@5 Grand Depends on what you mean by blew up because technically the south didn't take over until around 2004-5 post 50 Cent's debut

You had Master P,Cash Money,Rap A lot,triple six,Outkast and different pockets of Southern rap doing good,but it wasn't the leading sound.

In the 90's the ATL was into booty shake music on a local level.

But also ATL had a strong underground back packer scene too and clubs that catered to up north pp llike the Kaya which turned to Visions later.

I assume across the southeast dance music was the most popular local music.

But there was also local acts like The Hard Boys..pause,Ghetto mafia,Kilo, etc more on some street shit

In N.O. they had Bounce music which is similar to booty shake.Booty shake sampled a lot of bounce songs

Booty shake turned to crunk,crunk turned to snap/dance,snap/dance turned to Trap music

I'm sure other cities the southeast pretty much had similar scenes,but didn't have as much hip hop/up north/west coast,midwest influence as ATL,besides NC and VA

Last edited:
I'm tired of having this same conversation with this nigga every other month about his ignorance for southern hip hop

It's intentional for this nigga at this point

Y'all be cool✌?

I made this post a while back and nobody responded

I made this post a while back and nobody responded

What this have to do with anything b

Back