Welcome To aBlackWeb

Down South folks when the NY set comes on in the club

If it’s the Dipset, Bad Boy, or G-Unit set then they party keeps going but when you try to slip in some Pharoahe Monch shit will shut down quick.

Yes it is true.
It's was usually one or two east coast national hits played all night.
Clubs never did a whole set of East songs.

Yes it is true.
It's was usually one or two east coast national hits played all night.
Clubs never did a whole set of East songs.

I can't say that's been my experience. I did quite a bit of clubbing in the South (most ATL and Tallahassee), and there was always at least one East Coast set.

i never really heard much east coast music in any club outside of those big obvious hits like people mentioned....even then it'll be one verse mixed into something else

I dont think it was ever hate, its just the vibe.....east coast beats tend to be faster, no real funky bass line or nothing, no high hats....that dont really make people move down here

with that said there's southern legends that didnt get play in the club for the same reason....before the MO City Don freestyle I saw people actually get mad and boo if they played z-ro in the club...they said it was slow and sad lol

Was this early '00

Yep, I'd say 99-2006 when I was in undergrad and grad school. I also clubbed quite a bit in NC during that time. Always heard East Coast music, but it was the chill part of the night when people were mostly just standing around and drinking.

Back