Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dope Albums That Get Alot of Hate?

I've never heard hate for this album. The praise for it has been pretty universal.

Well I tried to listen to it last summer and it's pretty unbearable. The skits are kinda corny and some of the lyrics are complete nonsense.

Having said that, it was groundbreaking in 1989.

y'all listening to it after hip hop has gone through a lot of changes and phases; of course it's gonna sound bad to you because you're missing the context of the moment. The same way a lot of cats coming up today would say the same shit about 36 Chambers, Paid In Full, Unfinished Business, etc.

y'all listening to it after hip hop has gone through a lot of changes and phases; of course it's gonna sound bad to you because you're missing the context of the moment. The same way a lot of cats coming up today would say the same shit about 36 Chambers, Paid In Full, Unfinished Business, etc.

Thats the problem. I used to post all the stuff from the 80s, It was devastating to the ear at the time. But most of the cats on this board and the IC are 90s babies and are listening to all the stuff I post out of context.

No one would say such things about 36 Chambers...no one

I won't say they get hated on...

But....

Tough luv
Chain gang
B coming

Are all classics in my opinion, and I'm in small company. But there is not one throw away song on all three of those. This is when the roc really cared about being the best

Back