Welcome To aBlackWeb

Doing Stuff You Don't Want to Do

I had to read that shyt twice. Thought this nigga Knock dropped a calculus problem.

I think we all do that tho. Tell ourselves "man I don't feel like doing this shyt", but do it anyway. I think once you and that person become more established, then you become more vocal.

I mean I can remember in several occasions I didn't wanna go to dinner wit my s/o and her peoples. Mainly b/c I didn't know them like that. They're a close knit crew, and I was the outsider. So I'm just sittin there tryin to act like I'm interested in their convos, when I have no clue what they're talkin about. But after having a few get togethers at her crib where it waa her peoples AND mines, i got to know them better.

Now that we're established, I tell her flat out if I don't feel like going to a function. Especially if it's people I dunno. She calls me anti-social...meh. It takes me a minute to warm up to folks I don't know.

Nothing worse than going to function where only your s/o knows all the people, then leaves yo azzz alone while they go chit chat wit them. So now you're standing there lookin lost, and having a forced convo wit another guy who also got left behind. I hate that shyt.

Nigga what?
Fake the funk?

Fuck that! I ain't doing shit I don't like to impress nobody. You like feeding dolphins, I don't. I'll watch you feed them and gon on about our day. If that shit makes a person dislike you, they ain't the one for you homie.

I did this it went left tho. Cuz they may have viewed it as me juat trying to please them, or that they dont know the real me, or something like that. Like i used to club and hit the streets rarely and go to bars almost never. Im more of a kickback at the crib type. But she liked to turn up and i did feel i needed to get out more be more social just because. But i ended up going to out like 3 times in 5 days. And she peeped all that. But i was like its not killing me i just wanted to kick it with her. I think it came off fake to her tho. Which hindsight being what it is i dont think i was being fake but trying to force myself to like something im not into was wasteful. Learned some shit tho never pass on happy hour

Back