Welcome To aBlackWeb

Doing Stuff You Don't Want to Do

Let's say in the beginning (within the 1st month or 2 of dating a person (bae) you fake the funk/put up with doing wha that person (bae) who u like, involve yourself with their activities/hobbies/interest (most have done this shit, let's keep a 92 + 8) we did it because we like the person (bae) and wanted to present ourselves as "open minded" or whatever, but then later on down the line, the shit that you were doing, not only you, you know yo ass wasn't built to like that shit that she/he is making you do with them, but those in your circle, whether friends or family, were on some,

Yo, since when you've start cross-stitching and Lace-making?
2uzp8hv.jpg
towards yo ass.

How often, or how many times (let's say within a month's - 8 month time frame) of dating a person (bae) or being in a relationship (wifey) does one have to do something the other doesn't like to do before being on some, you do you, I don't like to do what you do, that aint my cup of tea?

Let's say yall convo is good, good vibes, energy, sex is the marvelous and everything but whenever that person (bae) ask you to do something that she/he wants to do (ex, go to church, go to an opera play, go shopping/walk around the mall with her/him etc) you in the back of your head, you like "man I'on wanna do that bullshit"

Is this a grounds to end or break-up with someone or even cheat? You can only fake or compromise so long before you be like "aye the shit you do, I don't like doing it" but to add fuel to the problem, their friend likes the same shit you like to do.

Thoughts
99osw0.jpg

nobody likes fakeness. dont pretend to be something you're not to get on someones good side.

if u wanna, just admit that it aint ur thing but that u'll give it a shot n see what their hobby is about or something. see if they can put u on.

its okay not to share all of ur partners interests.

I get that, fakeness is not the way to go, but let's not pretend that folks (most) do it, just to be in one's space.

How many times should one admit to not liking what the other person does before all breaks loose??

I get that, fakeness is not the way to go, but let's not pretend that folks (most) do it, just to be in one's space.

How many times should one admit to not liking what the other person does before all breaks loose??
hell wldn't break loose cuz u dont share a hobby. hell wld break loose cuz u faked enthusiasm n interest bout it for however long n changed tune when u felt comfortable.

hell wldn't break loose cuz u dont share a hobby. hell wld break loose cuz u faked enthusiasm n interest bout it for however long n changed tune when u felt comfortable.

(A hobby) meaning one.

I'm speaking about multiple things that your dude (in your case) may like to do that you don't like to do but he wants you to be apart of what he does

You don't think that wouldn't cause hell to break loose?

And to keep peace, would you fake doing some of those non-likable hobbies of his?

Last edited:
(A hobby) meaning one.

I'm speaking about multiple things that your dude (in your case) may like to do that you don't be he wants you to be apart of what he does

You don't think that wouldn't cause hell to break loose?

And to keep peace, would you fake doing some of those non-likable hobbies of his?
Idk, I might just be an anti-social person cuz pretending to be interested in multiple things to gain favor with someone sounds exhausting.

you can get quality time in other ways. if they really want you to be a part of their interests, u can admit not being iinterested but having an open mind. fakin to score brownie points is whats gonna lead to hell breakin loose. it isn't the disinterest thats the issue.

Yea, I agree with BNE on this one. Just keep it a buck with shorty from the jump and it'll get u further than you think it would.

If you aint into dolphins, don't pretend to be lol Just tell her u think dolphins are wack af b. A good debate will take place, she'll appreciate your honesty and you'll be in the drawers by the end of the night.

I understand what you guys are saying, but what I'm stating, you may not know what all a person's interest are within the early stages of dating or hell even the ladder stages.

What I'm asking, once you start to see what the person you're dating hobbies and interest are and you're not feeling it, how long do you put up with it.

In your example, shorty may tell you that she likes to feed dolphins 4 months in the situation and then you find out other stuff, then she starts running down more stuff that you're like, that's not what I like to do.

I try to be up front from the jump with someone that has my attention. If I don't like something I'll tell her but I'm also not closeminded enough to not try it with her if it's important to her.

I understand what you guys are saying, but what I'm stating, you may not know what all a person's interest are within the early stages of dating or hell even the ladder stages.

What I'm asking, once you start to see what the person you're dating hobbies and interest are and you're not feeling it, how long do you put up with it.

In your example, shorty may tell you that she likes to feed dolphins 4 months in the situation and then you find out other stuff, then she starts running down more stuff that you're like, that's not what I like to do.

If I fuck with her I fuck with her. In order for me to fuck with her on a certain level we would've had to have atleast a couple common interests. So we would just continue to do those and she could do that other shit alone or with her friends, just like there's gonna be shit I do that she's not into.

If I fuck with her I fuck with her. In order for me to fuck with her on a certain level we would've had to have atleast a couple common interests. So we would just continue to do those and she could do that other shit alone or with her friends, just like there's gonna be shit I do that she's not into.
Of course, I get that.

Everything aint for everybody, and that may be the case between yall two (using you as an example) if you don't like the things shorty do, let's say she likes to do 10-15 things each and every the month that she wants you to be apart of doing.

you don't like those 10-15 things, but you and shorty still on a cool vibe as I stated in the OP, would this be a grounds to break up with shorty?

Last edited:
I try to be up front from the jump with someone that has my attention. If I don't like something I'll tell her but I'm also not closeminded enough to not try it with her if it's important to her.

As I stated to the following post, you did her favorite thing the 1st time (gave it a try) you didn't like it. When asked again and as you stated, you know that it's important to her and she was glad you did the act with her. How are you playing it this time? U know it would upset her if you don't be a part of what shorty's doing? Are you faking the funk?

Last edited:
Idk, I might just be an anti-social person cuz pretending to be interested in multiple things to gain favor with someone sounds exhausting.

you can get quality time in other ways. if they really want you to be a part of their interests, u can admit not being iinterested but having an open mind. fakin to score brownie points is whats gonna lead to hell breakin loose. it isn't the disinterest thats the issue.

Your dude likes to go to Hooters on Friday's, attend a bowling tournament on Saturday, Fish on Sundays, play chess on Tuesday, Poker night on Thursday, Bingo on Friday nights, and this is a weekly thing of his that he likes to do.

Let's say that you don't like doing these things, (you did it,as @Ironman stated to be nice or so, but you didn't like it, too much cussing, too much smoke, drinking, etc, whatever the case, you didn't like it) and you know your dude wants you to do be there, (his friends who have their wives/gf attend these events) and he wants you there, what's is your next move?

As I stated to the following post, you did her favorite thing the 1st time (gave it a try) you didn't like it. When asked again and as you stated, you know that it's important her and she was glad you did the act with her. How are you playing it this time? U know it would upset her if you don't be a part of what shorty's doing? Are you faking the funk?
You talk to her about it if it bothers you that much. I'm easy going as hell :gtfoh:If I legit don't like something just let her know. If yall keep disagreeing on activities it should be decided if you two still want to take it further, just be friends, or nothing all together.

You talk to her about it if it bothers you that much. I'm easy going as hell :gtfoh:If I legit don't like something just let her know. If yall keep disagreeing on activities it should be decided if you two still want to take it further, just be friends, or nothing all together.

So you breaking shorty's heart because you don't like to go/do the shit she likes to do? :gtfoh:

For the record mane, I'm just shooting the shits wit you breh.

So you breaking shorty's heart because you don't like to go/do the shit she likes to do? :gtfoh:

For the record mane, I'm just shooting the shits wit you breh.
:dead2:I'm saying if yall have less in common than the other way yall sure you want to keep going?:bet:

:dead2:I'm saying if yall have less in common than the other way yall sure you want to keep going?:bet:

But she can cook a mean pork roast or some red beans and the sex is the marvelous, again that's (bae) breh :gtfoh:

You really breaking shorty's heart, you really doing this to (bae) breh

Man you mean to tell me if Phylica Rashad from early 90s came with everything but you didn't like to do what she liked to do, she's now a good friend to you? We talking about Clair? :damn3: Cold world

But she can cook a mean pork roast or some red beans and the sex is the marvelous, again that's (bae) breh :gtfoh:

You really breaking shorty's heart, you really doing this to (bae) breh

Man you mean to tell me if Phylica Rashad from early 90s came with everything but you didn't like to do what she liked to do, she's now a good friend to you? We talking about Clair? :damn3: Cold world
Man you made it sound like everything she does bothers you lol. I'm bsing anyway just waiting for the damn finals to finally start
fb5704ebedc07b9e003329108986800f_zpsejqdsu45.png

I'm down to try a new experience with her if she's into things that's unfamiliar to me as long as it doesn't compromise who I am or my beliefs but I'll never fake to like anything for anyone. I would expect the same from her.

It doesn't matter how long we've been together or when I find out she's into some things I'm not, I won't be fake about it.

Of course, I get that.

Everything aint for everybody, and that may be the case between yall two (using you as an example) if you don't like the things shorty do, let's say she likes to do 10-15 things each and every the month that she wants you to be apart of doing.

you don't like those 10-15 things, but you and shorty still on a cool vibe as I stated in the OP, would this be a grounds to break up with shorty?

Relationships are about compromise, so ofc I'll do what I might not want to from time to time. But you're making it seem like we barely have any common interests. Again, for me to even fuck with a chick on the level of me wanting to wife her, we would have to have a handful of common interests. All that other shit we might not have in common, she can do w/o me.

Back