Welcome To aBlackWeb

Does your step child get a room in your house?

So y'all would be cool with your wife telling you your kid can't have a room in what is now your house because of guest?

View attachment 1128722

I can't see myself not having primary custody so you are going to have to excuse me here. Anyway, the question was about our significant other's child, or rather our stepchild if we were married.

I can't see myself not having primary custody so you are going to have to excuse me here. Anyway, the question was about our significant other's child, or rather our stepchild if we were married.
So you ok with your step child being treated like a step child🤨

Y’all niggas going in elderly care at the first cough

So you ok with your step child being treated like a step child🤨

Y’all niggas going in elderly care at the first cough

It's not about treating them like a stepchild, it just doesn't make sense to me to give an infrequent visitor a room like that. My residence isn't their primary residence.

Exactly. How do you marry someone knowing they have a minor child and not be prepared to treat that child as your own?

I could treat that child as my own for sure (if I had the world's most massive lapse in judgement and got married) but this isn't about them being a stepchild, it's about them not actually being a permanent resident in my house. If they lived there full time and went off and visited their other parent on the weekends, then they'd have a room to themselves.

Depending on their age it d be good for them

To build camaraderie and fellowship

Own room could lead to one of the kid being isolated
That’s why once the family is blended…

Wait

Matter of fact , this should be talked about before they engagement

The guest room becomes their room. No questions.

And when the child is not there and I have a guest they can go in his room.

Pretty simple solution IMO

The guest room becomes their room. No questions.

And when the child is not there and I have a guest they can go in his room.

Pretty simple solution IMO

I couldn't see myself letting somebody in to my child's room at that point. If it's their room, it's their room. I know how defensive I was of my space when I was a child and my folks largely respected that and I would want to give the same to my all my children.

I couldn't see myself letting somebody in to my child's room at that point. If it's their room, it's their room. I know how defensive I was of my space when I was a child and my folks largely respected that and I would want to give the same to my all my children.
I understand

We come from a big family so folks staying in our rooms was nothing to us.

Most of family still does things like this because family only comes in every so often.

Back