Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do You Think Joe Biden's Values Are Any Different Than Donald Trump's?

Do Joe Biden and Donald Trump Have The Same Values?

• Joe Biden and Donald Trump Have The Same Values

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Joe Biden and Donald Trump Have Different Values

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Helping people may not be a priority for Biden, but he's not out to actively hurt people like Trump is. That's a pretty substantial difference.

If you feel as tho Biden isn't different enough from Trump to warrant your vote, fair enough.

But this pretendin' that they're the same shows either ignorance or stupidity since it's so clear the two do not share the same values, whatever that even means.

Trump is openly anti-black and Biden is passively anti-black. I'm only voting for Biden's decrepit behind is because I live in a swing state. Definitely changing my voter affiliation after November.

yall being hyperbolic as fuck in here but go ahead and get your shit off. These two old ass white men are not the same.

There is a vast difference and if you cant see that I dont know what to tell ya.

That doesn't meant that they both cant be anti black in some shape or fashion... that's not what im arguing here.. the difference on policy alone varies greatly.

*shrugs*

Where does Biden policy differ from Trump? Let’s only speak on policy since you said “policy alone varies greatly “.

im bout to eat dinner so I'll leave you with these two and you can go from there

One believes climate change is real and something should be done about it... one doesnt.
One was apart of the administration to help combat climate change.. the other is actively rolling those changes back and making shit worse.
One believes wearing a mask can help prevent the spread of covid and that there should be a FEDERAL plan to address COVID-19... the other doesn't.

You can say all you like that these things might not be directed strictly at black folks... but those two policy matters alone affect us overwhelmingly

I think we have to make a difference on what policy is and what lip service is. What you are listing is lip service.

Biden was apart of an administration that made America the biggest oil producer in the world. Same administration who allowed the fracking boom that caused earthquakes and tainted drinking water. Same fracking that was BANNED by the CEOs of their companies in their hometown. Same administration that opened the Arctic up to drilling. Same administration that wouldn’t rule on the pipeline that Trump walked right up and agreed on. That’s just off the top of my head. Not to mention Biden just said a few days ago he was going to allow fracking to continue because we need a “transition”. Biden is representing the Democrat party, that will continue to give fossil fuels subsidies. That is directly on Biden because it was written into the platform then removed during the convention because he’s paid for.

As far as the federal plan to address Covid. Biden has one? Can you share Biden plan? I know he called for a mandate then Harris walked that back. Biden wasn’t against our kids going to school. Biden wasn’t against millions of employees being labeled “essential”. Biden just said listen to the science. All that science that got walked back? The nytimes just stated 90% of the positive cases in NY barely have any virus.

Fair points.

I said it in the RBG thread and I'll say it again here. We aren't going to agree 100% with errbody on everything.

I've said it on this board multiple times Bidens stances on climate change are nowhere near good enough IMO. That being said it's still better than Trumps stances to deregulate and pretty much wash his hands of ANY climate change mitigation overall.

With regards to Covid.. simply put... one believes and will follow the guidelines of the science... the other actively denies the science and works against it... putting more peoples lives in danger.

Biden is FAAAAAAAR from a good candidate.. I'll continue saying that.. but if I have to choose between him who I dont agree with on many things and Trump... who I dont agree with on anything... if those are the choices available...I'm choosing the one that I think is going to do the least amount of damage. Not seeing how that's such a hard concept to understand.

Sometimes there are no great choices.. but to call them the same is disingenuous. One is going to do more harm than the other... and there's no way around that fact

I agree with this in terms of viewing white folks the same regardless...but I do have a question? What do you mean by on code because that's usually a pretty black and white statement that ignores alot of nuance
How do you say you can view all white people as the same but then suggest that black people are nuanced? Wouldn't that be true of, well, people?

I think that what people tend to forget is that what matters to one person may not matter to the next. Everyone who supports/does not support Biden doesn't do so for the same reasons. Same with Trump.

To understand just how similar biden and trump are, one simply needs to research biden's history of working woth the likes of jesse helm amd strom thurmond (who biden boastsd told him if a dem had to be president, it might as well be him. Let that sink in).

Loom at how biden bragged about integrating movie theatres (which was a lie, he stated later he never was marching and protesting), yet fiercely fighting against desgregating schools. Let that sink in.

Listen to how he geta defensive and insults ppl when he doesn't like their lime of questioning. Jist like trump

Biden bragged about how many crime bills had his name on them, many written with the help of his old school call you a nigger to your face and dare you to do something friends. Bills that helped destroy our community. No one can geniunely say biden hasm't actively fucked us over. And he's never apologized for it either, not that Id give a fuck.

Biden backs the police. Listen to him address the retired cheif at the recent townhall. Listen to him state most police are good during a time where the world is on uproar over the crooked ass amerikkan race soldiers killing black men women and children damn near daily. Not only that he wants to give them more money. Sorta like how obama invited the police for beers and signed the blue alert bill. Thats actively fucking us over.

How much racist shit has come out hia mouth?
If its a toss up between me and trump, you aint black

Says our community isn't diverse

Says poor kids are just as smart as white kids

Called obama the first clean and articulate african american candidate.

Then theres the similar creepiness with them around women and children
On and on and on.

"The Violent Crime and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, which increased drug possession sentences and increased prison funding, was an achievement he hung his political hat on. His 2008 presidential campaign website called that Act the “Biden Crime Law,” and it proudly touted the funding in the law that encouraged states to effectively increase their prison populations by paying them to build more prisons."

I agree with this in terms of viewing white folks the same regardless...but I do have a question? What do you mean by on code because that's usually a pretty black and white statement that ignores alot of nuance

ur right that there is a lot of nuance involved

at a basic level at the minimum for black folks to get on code, that means that we:

1) see/treat all black folks as allies (yeah I know all skinfolk ain't kinfolk)

2) make no moves/actions that harm another black person (ex. ideally no one would commit crime, but if u gon break the law at least don't make another black person a victim, ie. even gang members should refuse to beef with other black people)

3) consolidate our resources to support actions that protect/benefit black people (group economics)

that's just a start

obviously it's way more harder to achieve just those 3 generic concepts in real life practice

Back