do you support white people adopting Black children?

Do you support white people adopting Black children?

• Yes

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • hell no

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • eh....

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Jan 26, 2017
Philadelphia
so a new documentary is out about Devonte Hart and his adoptive family:

I dont know if folks remember Devonte hart but he made national news back in 2014 when he was seen hugging a cop during a rally in portland oregon after the murder of Mike Brown

70FBB421-DE98-4AF7-B652-5BE8FD6FD4BA.jpeg

Devonte and his 6 other adoptive brothers and sisters (who were mainly Black) were later killed when their adoptive parents purposely drove off a cliff:

this story still bothers me and so many stories like it:

this always leave me with the question of should white people be allowed to adopt Black children? considering the historical and cultural differences of white and Black people, are these mixed race adoptions merely hotbeds for injustice, racism, abuse and trauma?

can a white person truly raise up Black children in a way that is meaningful and empowering that connects to their hertiage/lineage?

whats your thoughts on transracial adoptions?

62BE39B4-4B18-4056-A29C-356F00CA5E91.jpeg

Last edited:
I do. There are always good stories and bad stories. If the adoption is genuine, I’m all for it.
If it’s with malicious intent, I’m against it.

I feel the same with black people adopting black children. I personally know too many black children being abused or in a bad situation with their adoptive parents or in foster care.

I also feel like Angelina Jolie and those other actresses adopting black children was for show. I ain’t with that.

I’m not 100% comfortable with it, mainly because white parents that adopt black kids rarely even have black friends. They have no idea what it’s like to be black, even from at minimum just knowing black people personally. How can they help a black child that has to deal with all the shit we have to deal with? However, like @CeLLar-DooR said, better to be in a loving household than the system or worse.

From an abuse standpoint though, it’s not automatic that a white parent will abuse their black adopted child. An adopted child can get abused by someone of any race, even their own.

If it puts the child in a better situation then I have no issue with it. There will be cases where this is not the case but that also happens when black families adapt also. It sucks but the goal is to put the child in a loving home.

If the adoptive parents dont hide their adoptive children's culture and history, I dont mind. Dont be abusive. Dont try to force beliefs on them. Teach them or get someone to teach them of black history. Dont blind them to the world. Growing up in a system can fuck a kid up for good.

I know a bunch and have donated to shelters in L.A. I helped my sister adapt 2. A lot of red tape she had to go through. It was very stressful for her.

This was for the folks that’s against it

do you support white people adopting Black children?

This a tough one. In a ideal world.....HELL NO!

But tbh a white family is better than NO family.

So they can do it....jus gotta do it rite. None of this "we dont see race/color" bullshit. Fuck that.

Love him/her, but raise a fully balanced black child. Let him read bout malcolm x, Marcus gravey, fredrick Douglas, fred Hampton etc. Teach him the history of his/her ppl.

None if this race dont matter fuck shit.

It can be done. Jus DO IT RIGHT

Reactions: Mister B.
That not seeing color shit is rarely ever beneficial. Just keep it 💯 with the child, allow them to embrace their culture and be around people from their culture. It just seems like it always boils down to they plan on raising them as a white child

I’m actually considering adopting but I’m scared af!
My wife and me adopted her cousin some years back. We were the only ones that was able to do it (either they had cases with the state pending or other issues). She stayed with us until she turned 18. The downfall was that some of her family members were in her ear about leaving us and go back with them. She was a couple months away from graduating from high school, but she decided to drop out a leave.