Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do You Separate The Artist From The Person?

OK. so you choose not to separate the two...some times.

Thats having it both ways, but eh. Do you.

Nah it's not having it both ways. If you put somebody with a coke addiction on the same level as someone who has sex w/ minors you got a weird sense of things

When it comes to crimes against children, I separate the two and hope the artist dies slow.

Idgaf about any other crime or past an artist has but I draw the line when it comes to harming kids.

I’m not separating shit. Shit, R.Kelly didn’t do it..the nigga wrote songs about being a proud pedophile. Anyone who supports that is a weirdo.

The nigga literally said

My mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me yes

KNOWING that a possible reason for this is because the woman is a fucking child... Kinda ruins the song for me...

I'm still good with niggaz killing and selling drugs tho..... So I ain't a saint.

But I can't get sexy to a song about a nigga singing to kids bruh

Shit kinda changed for me when I looked at it like that... Andi honestly don't give a fuck about how hypocritical or fickle that makes me seem....

The shit is tainted

All this shit did, was make Kelly more money, more relevant. Nigga strams prolly highest they been since Chocolate Factory

Niggas gonna be sneaking listening to RKelly like they 5 again tryna listen to 2 Live Crew

The nigga literally said

My mind is telling me no, but my body is telling me yes

KNOWING that a possible reason for this is because the woman is a fucking child... Kinda ruins the song for me...

I'm still good with niggaz killing and selling drugs tho..... So I ain't a saint.

But I can't get sexy to a song about a nigga singing to kids bruh

Shit kinda changed for me when I looked at it like that... Andi honestly don't give a fuck about how hypocritical or fickle that makes me seem....

The shit is tainted

Your mind took it to him singing about children, the music video images show a grown woman.

How we forget the convicted rapist in your avi

The nigga who wasn't even there when the alleged rape took place?

tenor.gif

I can understand it being hard not to enjoy the music. I haven't seen 1 person criticizing him or saying they can't/dont or wont listen say his music is trash. Everyone acknowledges the man' musical talent. I just get confused when folks seemingly get mad at others for saying "Nah I can't listen to a person who's been accused by multiple people over decades of sexual misconduct sing continuously about sex"...like that's a weird thing.

For sure folks shouldn't be upset at people that feel that way...but at the same time folks shouldn't be upset at those that have no problem listening to his music WHILST acknowledging that the man is a disgusting predator who deserves to be locked up/serve time, etc.

And a large portion of his music are songs about sex but let's not ignore the "I believe I can fly" "I wish" , " Victory" etc. in his discography.
Those have nothing to do with sex afaik and might hold special meaning to various people. I wouldn't be mad at them if they chose not to delete his music.
Also, re. those that want to automatically "cancel" or delete his music from their playlist and life. Will they be doing the same for all the songs he helped write and produce for other musicians? Because that list sure is lengthy.

My problem lies with those that still make excuses for him, refuse to acknowledge what the evidence shows, still support him (like in Chicago this past weekend with mfers driving around turning his music up with the windows down) or even worse, those buying/downloading/streaming his music over the past week. WTF?

My problem lies with those that still make excuses for him, refuse to acknowledge what the evidence shows, still support him (like in Chicago this past weekend with mfers driving around turning his music up with the windows down) or even worse, those buying/downloading/streaming his music over the past week. WTF?

He was given publicity with this documentary and voila... People reopened his music for genuine or ingenuine reasons

And the spike in streams has been attributed in part to younger people who weren't around or old enough when he was in his prime as a singer... And all part ly due to the attention this doc has brought

Back