Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do you drink/smoke in front of your kids?

We entertain a lot(too much for my liking) so there is always liquor in the house. My people have to have Cruzan rum and her people can't live without Johnny Walker. That doesn't include her wine collection. So it would be impossible to not have it is the house and let's not get into the herb because..... but at 3 he is pretty good about not inquiring about that type of stuff where he won't stay away from everything else.

I say it's for adults and he goes about his way. I'm not a heavy drinker, I don't have alcohol in my house. I'll drink it with the fam. The kids be in another room it outside but if they come in, nobody rushing to put their drinks away.

Last edited:
We entertain a lot(too much for my liking) so there is always liquor in the house. My people have to have Cruzan rum and her people can't live without Johnny Walker. That doesn't include her wine collection. So it would be impossible to not have it is the house and let's not get into the herb because..... but at 3 he is pretty good about not inquiring about that type of stuff where he won't stay away from everything else.
when we tried experimenting with alcohol n doing dumb kid shit at sleepovers, it was always dipping into parents cabinets n tryna leave it looking undisturbed. most of the "1st taste of alcohol" stories go like that.

it might not be a problem now but it cld be when he approaches teens.

then again, the European argument is that by exposing kids to casual drinking (but not getting drink) n demystifying it, they might be less likely to abuse it when they get older cuz it loses its allure.

when we tried experimenting with alcohol n doing dumb kid shit at sleepovers, it was always dipping into parents cabinets n tryna leave it looking undisturbed. most of the "1st taste of alcohol" stories go like that.

it might not be a problem now but it cld be when he approaches teens.

then again, the European argument is that by exposing kids to casual drinking (but not getting drink) n demystifying it, they might be less likely to abuse it when they get older cuz it loses its allure.
I can see both sides to that. Funny story the other day he had a friend over (play date I don't like that term) and the mother noticed a bag of herb on the counter ( I got in trouble) but instead of saying anything she asked my wife do you think your husband would mind if you gave me some. I will pay you. My wife proceeded to tell her yes he would mind if you paid me but I am not sure if I can give you some. As soon as that woman left she called me and was vex for hours!!! (White woman in case anyone was interested) but the woman said she smokes infront of her kids all the time.

I can see both sides to that. Funny story the other day he had a friend over (play date I don't like that term) and the mother noticed a bag of herb on the counter ( I got in trouble) but instead of saying anything she asked my wife do you think your husband would mind if you gave me some. I will pay you. My wife proceeded to tell her yes he would mind if you paid me but I am not sure if I can give you some. As soon as that woman left she called me and was vex for hours!!! (White woman in case anyone was interested) but the woman said she smokes infront of her kids all the time.
white no-fuck-giving right there. hopefully she aint adding tobacco to it.

But my son just sees it as another plant. To him it is green vegetable and I don't want it around me like broccoli or peas. We have to put anything green in his smoothies to get him to take it in.

@ Cain you were just with your elders did you drink with them?
Yes. But I'm grown now so me and my pop drinking a cold one together is cool to me. Not going to lie though I out of respect I still ask my mom does she mind if I drink. Regardless of her answer I still will drink but it's a respect thing.

Drink: Yes, We entertain or when it is late and they @$$es won't stay in the bed.
Smoke: No - But when they turn 15, I do let them know that I partake. :-)

Yes. But I'm grown now so me and my pop drinking a cold one together is cool to me. Not going to lie though I out of respect I still ask my mom does she mind if I drink. Regardless of her answer I still will drink but it's a respect thing.
is it a respect thing if you'd ignore it if her answer was "no" tho?

And do any of you smoke/ drink with your parents currently?

My mom's never smoked anything and my cousins that do smoke(weed) they always go off somewhere else and do it. Even tho everybody know what hell they doing. I use to some Newports but I quit like three years ago. My father did both and didn't give a fuck who was around.

As far as drinking, it's not like me and moms is just kicking back having a cold one. It's usually at some family gathering or something like that.

my mom always smoked cigarettes in around me when i was young, and my father always smelled like beer whenever i saw him.....

my mom quit smoking but she always had her wine coolers...she really didn't start drinking around me tho till i was like over 21.....

i drink beers around my son all the time, cuz i stay in the house most of the time....i don't go out to drink,... i just chill in the house, so he's gonna see me drink beers.....it's whatever....

but i'd never smoke around him tho

Back