Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do you drink/smoke in front of your kids?

Judge Dread

I grew up around smokers cigarettes/ drinkers/ herb smokers. I don't think it had too much affect on me as I have never smoked a cigarette in my life and don't drink as much as I once did but I don't smoke herb(steam) in front of my son. Now that doesn't mean I don't drink herb tea or even use the herb in certain other things but I don't put my chalice to my mouth in front of him.

Did any of you grow up in houses where the elders did?
Yes and yes

My mom doesn't smoke but we've had a drink together, entire family event. Never just the two of us sitting back putting away a bottle. Don't think I've ever been wasted in front of her either I don't think.

i think smoking close to kids shld be a crime. 2nd hand smoke is real. i'd rather sum1 smoke weed around a kid than tobacco.

I don't unless it's a gathering, I'll sip on something. His other family members either drink and/or smoke(weed) in front of him.

I don't drink with my mom. She's not a drinker. I probably wouldn't if she was. My stepdad and his new wife are drinkers, I'll drink with them at a gathering.

My dad smoked and drank beers around me but it didn't really affect me negatively.

Are we equating 'drinking' with getting 'drunk'?

I find it hard to believe having a drink is frowned up in front of your kid

sincerely no shade when I ask this but r u not a recovering alcoholic?
No shade taken. I never considered myself an alcoholic. I liked to drink when I wanted to tho.

I feel like I can still contribute to the thread because I drank

Are we equating 'drinking' with getting 'drunk'?

I find it hard to believe having a drink is frowned up in front of your kid
a lot of people blur tipsy with drunk, its a slippery slope n kids reach for shit all the time. I dont like alcoholic drinks around kids. sue me.
No shade taken. I never considered myself an alcoholic. I liked to drink when I wanted to tho.

I feel like I can still contribute to the thread because I drank
I'm not saying u cant contribute. it wasnt clear from past posts whether u identified as having an alcohol problem. wanted context.

how much wld u say sum1 can have to drink around a kid? "not too much" is subjective. ppl get kicked out of establishments n still claim they weren't drunk.

my parents and grandparents all smoked cigarettes and neither me or any of my siblings have ever smoked them. So you can do something without your children wanting to do it. At some point my son will be around herb smokers. I mean he is around them now but no one smoked in enclosed places with him around. He also sees me with herb tea regularly so he will probably be asking why I make my tea and his mother doesn't.

a lot of people blur tipsy with drunk, its a slippery slope n kids reach for shit all the time. I dont like alcoholic drinks around kids. sue me.

I'm not saying u cant contribute. it wasnt clear from past posts whether u identified as having an alcohol problem. wanted context.

how much wld u say sum1 can have to drink around a kid? "not too much" is subjective. ppl get kicked out of establishments n still claim they weren't drunk.
Do you have a liquor cabinet or something to keep it away from your children/child as I am still not sure if you have one.

I feel you. I always drank outta 2 mugs and my kids knew it wasn't theirs (trial and error)

I never made/mixed drinks in front of my kids. Never got drunk until they were down for the night. Until they got older it was just juice or soda.

Do you have a liquor cabinet or something to keep it away from your children/child as I am still not sure if you have one.
I dont keep alcohol in the house. I have it outside. I aint a big drinker tho so that aint really by design.
I feel you. I always drank outta 2 mugs and my kids knew it wasn't theirs (trial and error)

I never made/mixed drinks in front of my kids. Never got drunk until they were down for the night. Until they got older it was just juice or soda.
im glad u had a system.

Back