Welcome To aBlackWeb

DMX Passes Away (RIP Earl "DMX" Simmons, Long Live X)

One thing if he passes and Lord knows I pray he doesn’t but the writing is on the wall but I hope people don’t try and capitalize on his death and put together pieced together albums he’d never greenlight. I don’t want to see a year from now DMX ft Young Thug or some shit

If his music ends up in the wrong hands, this is a real possibility.

And the 6th missed the #1 spot by like 1,000 or 2,000 copies. I remember that day. X lost out to a Now That's What I Call Music CD. I'm still tight about that. 😭

Now that's what I call some bullshit. I bought his autobiography, just started reading it yesterday. In my feels for real. I'll say this much. I have been a fam of alotta hip hop artists. But I have never been a bigger fan of anyone than X. Dudes music really hit a part of my soul that no other rap music before or since. Prayers up. If he dies, the man left us some great words to remember him by.
Side note, reading from his book. The guy never had a chance man. Fucked up childhood

I can't even tell the full details of this story because it's kind of heavy and I think I might've told it before either here or on The I.C. but

I met my wife in 2009. We met in February. At the time I was living at my moms house and she was living at her moms house and they were actually only a few blocks away from each other.

So sometime in like August I was in my room in my moms basement just like going through some of my things and not really doing anything but I was playing music in the background and Slippin came on and.........I just broke down.

I think it was because I felt real shitty about where I was at in my life. On one hand I was so full of life because I found the one. The girl who I knew was going to spend the rest of my life with but on the other hand I wasn't happy about anything else. Not my living situation, job, money, school, nothing. I was really angry and just overall disappointed with myself because I didn't put myself in a better situation.

That song played like 7 times in a row and I think I cried the whole time. I was really letting it all out and the whole time every word in that song was hitting hard as fuck. I've never been on drugs or been in the situations that X was describing in the song but man oh man a nigga was really feeling the shit he was spittin.

From the struggles at the beginning to him bigging up his supporters at the end the song takes you through a whole wave of emotions.

It's always going to mean something to me when I hear it. It's probably the most personal song ever to me.

I love this nigga man. I love his music. I love his passion and his demeanor. I love how personal his music is and I love the respect he gets from his fans.

I will always be a fan of DMX music and Earl Simmons as a man. One of the realest niggas you'll ever come across on any spectrum.

Thank you to DMX for helping me get through some of my toughest situations and also for being the soundtrack to a lot of my life experiences.

Last edited:
Another funny story was one time DMX came to Montreal and my stepmoms was in the club. It was a big ass deal to have anyone of that caliber in Canada period. Canada's hip-hop scene was very small especially compared to the US. Mostly rock acts dominated. So anyways, my stepmoms was with her crew and X tried to holla at her. My stepmom wasn't wit it cuz she was seeing my father and also seen X smash like 3 other chicks in the same club lmao. X was wild.

Hate to break it to you my guy...but your step moms probably left some parts of that story out. I'm sorry. I need to
I can't even tell the full details of this story because it's kind of heavy and I think I might've told it before either here or on The I.C. but

I met my wife in 2009. We met in February. At the time I was living at my moms house and she was living at her moms house and they were actually only a few blocks away from each other.

So sometime in line August I was in my room in my moms basement just like going through some of my things and not really doing anything but I was playing music in the background and Slippin came on and.........I just broke down.

I think it was because I felt real shitty about where I was at in my life. On one hand I was so full of life because I found the one. The girl who I knew was going to spend the rest of my life with but on the other hand I wasn't happy about anything else. Not my living situation, job, money, school, nothing. I was really angry and just overall disappointed with myself because I didn't put myself in a better situation.

That song played like 7 times in a row and I think I cried the whole time. I was really letting it all out and the whole time every word in that song was hitting hard as fuck. I've never been on drugs or been in the situations that X was describing in the song but man oh man a nigga was really feeling the shit he was spittin.

From the struggles at the beginning to him bigging up his supporters at the end the song takes you through a whole wave of emotions.

It's always going to mean something to me when I hear it. It's probably the most personal song ever to me.

I love this nigga man. I love his music. I love his passion and his demeanor. I love how personal his music is and I love the respect he gets from his fans.

I will always be a fan of DMX music and Earl Simmons as a man. One of the realest niggas you'll ever come across on any spectrum.

Thank you to DMX for helping me get through some of my toughest situations and also for being the soundtrack to a lot of my life experiences.

Right w ya. "Slippin" and "dear mama" are probably the songs that have made me the most emotional in my life. No words wasted.

Now that's what I call some bullshit. I bought his autobiography, just started reading it yesterday. In my feels for real. I'll say this much. I have been a fam of alotta hip hop artists. But I have never been a bigger fan of anyone than X. Dudes music really hit a part of my soul that no other rap music before or since. Prayers up. If he dies, the man left us some great words to remember him by.
Side note, reading from his book. The guy never had a chance man. Fucked up childhood

where’d you get it from cuz whoever selling it on Amazon tripping
3EAF9BFF-7E56-4FC6-A346-9CCACEDDDCDA.png

A personal favorite of mine was X Gon Give It To Ya. That shit go so hard, pause.

Been playing back some old Rick and Morty episodes. The one where at the end Rick and Summer have a workout montage then go beat up the devil came on. X Gon Give It To Ya started playing and you can’t help but to stop and bob ya head with a mean mug, lol.

Last edited:
Back