Welcome To aBlackWeb

DJ Vlad being sued

5th Letter

Mod Squad
Christina Santi, a Black woman, brings this action against her former employer, a media
company named Hot in Here, Inc. (“VladTV”), and two of its executives, Vlad Lyubovny and
Lataya Edwards, alleging various federal and state employment law violations. Santi moves for
leave to file a third amended complaint. For the reasons set forth below. Santi’s motion is
GRANTED.

I. Background
Hot in Here, Inc., owns VladTV.com, a hip-hop and popular culture website. Doc. 39, 5.Lyubovny, VladTV’s Chief Executive Officer, and Edwards, its Director of Human Resources, are married. Id. at 4. VladTV employed Santi from October 2011 until February 2018. Id. at 2–3.

Throughout this period, Santi worked approximately 50 hours a week. Id. at 5. She alleges that she did not receive payment for a brief training period at the beginning of her employment, but that her pay gradually increased from $150 per week in November 2011 to $750 per week in June 2015. Id.

In July 2015, she became a salaried employee, and her salary rose from $60,000 per year in July 2015 to $63,000 per year in March 2017. Id. at 5–6. With a few exceptions, she claims that she did not receive overtime compensation. Id. at 5. Santi alleges that she was constructively discharged on February 21, 2018. Id. at 15.

From 2011 to 2015, Santi, under the direction of a supervisor, performed research, generated content and distributed a newsletter for VladTV. Id. at 5. From 2015 until her termination, Santi, pursuant to Lyubovny’s instructions, shared VladTV’s content on different social media platforms. Id. at 6.

Santi alleges that during her employment Defendants made racially and sexually inappropriate comments to her. For example, on one occasion, Lyubovny asked Santi whether
she found an office chair uncomfortable and, after Santi told him that the chair did not fit
someone of her size, he allegedly responded by saying, “You should get ass shots, or whatever it
is women are putting into their behinds these days.” Id. at 7.

In another instance, Lyubovny told Santi, “As a woman, your only purpose in life is to have children.” Id. at 13. Santi does not provide any context for this second comment. Additionally, Lyobovny purportedly directed Santi to post stereotypical representations of Black people on VladTV on numerous occasions, despite the fact that the content made her uncomfortable. Id. at 8. When Santi complained to Edwards, she said, “the content on the website was not ‘for’ her, so she should not be offended by it.” Id. at 8.

Lyubovny made similar comments. Id.
Santi also alleges that Defendants treated her differently than a male colleague by giving
the male colleague credit for Santi’s work and by overlooking his shortcomings, such as his
tardiness and his refusal to complete assigned tasks, while at the same time reprimanding Santi
for not answering messages over the weekend. Id. at 7–8.

When Santi confronted Lyubovny about these comments and treatment, he told her,
“racism isn’t as bad anymore,” “interracial marriage is legal,” “Black people aren’t slaves

we need the men in our community to love our women and daughters and teach them to love themselves.

he took advantage of a weak point in our community.

all the women thats spoke about....them having the same look.......why are they not feeling loved enough to not even entertain this?

again....we are the gatekeepers....
we should be controlling who comes in our community and how people look when they leave.

im not going to call these women dusty. i will say they are misguided.

I dont rock with Vlad because hes lame as fuck.

But I just dont be believing women when it comes to shit like this

If it was the other way around he’d believe her over you

I believe it happened....all of it, more then likely....its just hugely out of context

the being shorted on overtime or a probationary period....wrong but normal as fuck....I dont get all the overtime or raises im supposed to get, according to "law"

the comments about ass shots and having babies, im sure took place during random convo and everything was he-he haw at the time.....employers, supervisors, co-workers all say dumb shit that might rub people wrong, but they (myself included) typically shrug it off and get back to the point of being there...which is work/pay check

having to post the stereotypical shit and being told "its not for you" lol....again it may be morally fucked up, but all truth....people who work in media HAVE to set their personal feelings and thoughts aside. everybody at NY Times down to TMZ doesnt agree or like every story that goes out.....they're there to earn money

she could have left at any point during all of this

looks like a disgruntled employee taking very specific instructions from her lawyer, who knows its time to strike on this type of shit, but who knows

SN: is that boy Russian?

That does happen. Do we need a spinoff?
we should........

i blame the ladies and the cac but it should have not gotten to this point for them to be this weak or dude to have this type power.

i feel like black men are strong and powerful. but we allow shit like this? we need to call this out.

our men need to be held accountable.....called to task. challenged for not having a code.
Our ladies can not and should not be the keepers of our safety...they need to be women.

it starts and ends with us.

we should........

i blame the ladies and the cac but it should have not gotten to this point for them to be this weak or dude to have this type power.

i feel like black men are strong and powerful. but we allow shit like this? we need to call this out.

our men need to be held accountable.....called to task. challenged for not having a code.
Our ladies can not and should not be the keepers of our safety...they need to be women.

I’ll start the spinoff. I wonder what should we title it?

then again.......that leave the blame too broad and it can easily fall unto white "s" word.

it needs to be more direct so that the focus is on this

we should........

break this down for me bro

so you feel like people should quit jobs every time somebody says something they dont like?

should men run up in these establishments and demand apologies when women feel they are disrespected?

or should black men be the ones running businesses and giving the women places of employment where they dont have to worry about stuff like this?

are they only going to hire black people?

break this down for me bro

so you feel like people should quit jobs every time somebody says something they dont like?

should men run up in these establishments and demand apologies when women feel they are disrespected?

or should black men be the ones running businesses and giving the women places of employment where they dont have to worry about stuff like this?

are they only going to hire black people?
*cracks knuckles*

if our women felt safe and loved i feel they would not make alot of decisions that are toxic to them.
i feel that if our men moved as a unit......them chicks beat up in the gas station would have never happened...them niggas would have been scared of they shit burning down and they ass whipped.
if our men moved as a unit......disrespect to our females would not be an option unless a dude was really bout it and ready...and not by some tiny Chinese dude who felt strong for 10 minutes.

should men run up and demand apologies......interesting question. i see constant examples of dude asking for apologies or running up for less. are our women not worth the same respect as a nigga telling another man to suck his dick?

i do think alot more black men should run businesses and show the youngins that we are more than what they allow us to be seen as. is it an end all be all , no. but its empowering.

and why should black people not try to only hire black people?

my wife only wants to hire black people. guess why? two places she worked at had consultantcies that only hired latino/hispanics or Indians.
how many indian owned 7/11s feel they need to hire black people outside the hood?

but yes, i think we as black men can do more.....it dont always have to be violent...it can be mentoring which i think it more powerful than anything.

think about how many dudes just wanted they pops around, even if he wasnt shit.
think of how many chicks just wanted a daddys love?

i can go so many ways with this.

and this aint shitting on black men or black women....but at some point....someone needs to step up.
a woman can tell a woman who she should be loved...but only a father or respect male figure can show her.

aight....about the "toxic decisions". is this in reference to employment?

you feel like if they felt more safe and loved, that would give them all the ability to live without income until they find good, black owned places to work for?

you're right about people demanding apologies but they're online......the "running up" is protesting......you think there should be more of that or a tougher approach?

uh, there's a few reasons i dont think it would be wise to only hire from any certain group...but thats not a big deal

the more I try to read into this, its getting further away from what any of this has to do with vlad or how his business is run

i guess the bottom line on this topic is, are you calling for us to beat up Vlad and give this girl a job?

aight....about the "toxic decisions". is this in reference to employment?

you feel like if they felt more safe and loved, that would give them all the ability to live without income until they find good, black owned places to work for?

you're right about people demanding apologies but they're online......the "running up" is protesting......you think there should be more of that or a tougher approach?

uh, there's a few reasons i dont think it would be wise to only hire from any certain group...but thats not a big deal

the more I try to read into this, its getting further away from what any of this has to do with vlad or how his business is run

i guess the bottom line on this topic is, are you calling for us to beat up Vlad and give this girl a job?
its not getting away from it....its looking at the underlining problem.

why work for a dude whos making your people look bad?
this is what people mad at the nfl deal with roc nation right?

and if a chick fells safe and loved......that doesnt replace income but it does replace a sense of self worth.
and jobs would be stepping stones where respect would be required or why work there. alot of people put up with disrespect because they cant find jibs or do better...i get that. but whos making it better or whos going to make it better? if the local area is not good in the job market....there should be a support system in place to encourage relocation and such.....this is not easy by any means. but i have my own thoughts on this,.

and protesting is "running up"? cool.
that asian dude that beat the chick up.......he put our a 50% off sale of something the next day and had a line of women wanting to get cheaper hair and other products to make them look desirable. desirable to people who allowed disrespect or desirable to people who will disrespect.

i already understand your view on hiring other races......i can respect it. im just saying i see other cultures keeping it tight.

bottom line is vlad should not have a voice.
i think we compromise ourselves enough

• Goat
Reactions: 1/2
Back