Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW DJ Khaled - GOD DID

I ain't with the Hip Hop kayfabe.

If a rapper out here rapping about killing the opps, saying bitches ain't shit, whipping the pot...

But he really at home with his wife and kids, laying up in a gated community, watching Stranger Things...I don't wanna hear shit the man gotta say no more.

Only reason he rapping about being a super thug because he ain't creative enough to rap about anything else because he an uninteresting sonuvabitch.

That's why I can actually respect Chance the Rapper boring, uninteresting, corny ass when he got off drugs, stopped fucking bitches, and got married. He started rapping about being happy and in love with his wife. That's the shit he actually doing. Bruh come from a good two parent home, with an influential father and mother. He was a great drugged up rapper, he got his life back on track, and now he a sober corny ass dad rapper.

Being a rapper is like being a comedian, authenticity matters. This genre ain't no got damn Pop music where you can be one way in real life and sing about some other shit, no matter how popular Hip Hop gets. That's why Pop music has mostly died. Nobody wants fake ass artists, when the authenticity of Hip Hop is prevalent.

50 Cent was right. Street Hip Hop music by actual people in the streets basically the zoo. You get to experience the aggression, tenacity, anti-social behavior, without actually being threatened by it. You wouldn't want these people in your neighborhood but you don't mind listening to them rap about gunning down an opp while working out at the gym.
That's putting a cap on things. Not saying you gotta be a flat out actor but the lane you talking about will have us rotating rappers every 2yrs. 🤣🤣

The verse was decent.

We already know what Jay is gonna say at this point.

He sold crack, he got rich, his friends got rich, mention shit about some luxury shit, mention some activist shit...

I don't know, I think I'm just done with the stereotypical street, drug dealer, rags to riches rap.

It's not interesting.

To each their own... But subject matter can stay the same as long as the creativity and dedication are being taken serious ... That's why I rock with Pusha so much, he'll forever produce drug/street music but in different styles and flavours and actually try to push the envelope.

This verse from Jay was just rapping to rap and give Khaled casual fans something to go crazy over. His last guest verse that had me rewinding like crazy was Drug Dealers Anonymous.

Now that verse right there tho... 😱

To each their own... But subject matter can stay the same as long as the creativity and dedication are being taken serious ... That's why I rock with Pusha so much, he'll forever produce drug/street music but in different styles and flavours and actually try to push the envelope.

This verse from Jay was just rapping to rap and give Khaled casual fans something to go crazy over. His last guest verse that had me rewinding like crazy was Drug Dealers Anonymous.

Now that verse right there tho... 😱
Imo that was an over hyped verse.

I ain't with the Hip Hop kayfabe.

If a rapper out here rapping about killing the opps, saying bitches ain't shit, whipping the pot...

But he really at home with his wife and kids, laying up in a gated community, watching Stranger Things...I don't wanna hear shit the man gotta say no more.

Only reason he rapping about being a super thug because he ain't creative enough to rap about anything else because he an uninteresting sonuvabitch.

That's why I can actually respect Chance the Rapper boring, uninteresting, corny ass when he got off drugs, stopped fucking bitches, and got married. He started rapping about being happy and in love with his wife. That's the shit he actually doing. Bruh come from a good two parent home, with an influential father and mother. He was a great drugged up rapper, he got his life back on track, and now he a sober corny ass dad rapper.

Being a rapper is like being a comedian, authenticity matters. This genre ain't no got damn Pop music where you can be one way in real life and sing about some other shit, no matter how popular Hip Hop gets. That's why Pop music has mostly died. Nobody wants fake ass artists, when the authenticity of Hip Hop is prevalent.

50 Cent was right. Street Hip Hop music by actual people in the streets basically the zoo. You get to experience the aggression, tenacity, anti-social behavior, without actually being threatened by it. You wouldn't want these people in your neighborhood but you don't mind listening to them rap about gunning down an opp while working out at the gym.

wow dude.

That's putting a cap on things. Not saying you gotta be a flat out actor but the lane you talking about will have us rotating rappers every 2yrs. 🤣🤣

He’s actually right about that shit sadly that’s the reason NBA Youngboy & Lil durk is big it’s because they talk the murder murder shit and it’s believable because they home boys really do the shit and both of them still go back to their hoods. It’s YouTube documentary’s with millions of views on these dudes street clicks people love a story. Both of them niggas have no talent at all in my opinion.

I like it. You can’t deny Khaled’s influence. Who else is getting Hov, Em, Yeezy, Wayne, Drake, Ross, Jada, Future, Migos, Lil Baby, 21 Savage, etc. all on the same album right now? He’s got something for everybody on this.
Which do you prefer, quantity or quality ??

Back