Welcome To aBlackWeb

Disney+ Disney's The Little Mermaid 🧜🏾‍♀️

Movie was a 7/10 for me. The OG still the better one by far to me. Hallie killed portraying Ariel, she nailed her scenes and was the best part of the movie.

Just something about the CGI and visuals they went with didnt hit during the classic songs during the film. Same issue Disney been having since doing live action adaptions, films just feel soulless.

Movie was a 7/10 for me. The OG still the better one by far to me. Hallie killed portraying Ariel, she nailed her scenes and was the best part of the movie.

Just something about the CGI and visuals they went with didnt hit during the classic songs during the film. Same issue Disney been having since doing live action adaptions, films just feel soulless.
What'd you think of McCarthy as Ursula?

So what you think ABW? Should Disney and Rob Marshall have used the opportunity to teach moviegoers about the break of islands like Jamaica, where before slaves came here whites would take a, pregnant women hang her from a tree by her toes, slice her stomach with a knife and let the unborn baby fall to the floor?

So what you think ABW? Should Disney and Rob Marshall have used the opportunity to teach moviegoers about the break of islands like Jamaica, where before slaves came here whites would take a, pregnant women hang her from a tree by her toes, slice her stomach with a knife and let the unborn baby fall to the floor?
IMG_8223.gif
Word to Ras Kass, but to answer your question naw this was a retelling of a Disney classic. Make a documentary.

Just had to say that most people will definitely overlook this. They will take their little black girls to the movies saying this is positive for own black girls to see. But in reality the only thing they will see is you need to go outside your community to find love with a white prince.

Just had to say that most people will definitely overlook this. They will take their little black girls to the movies saying this is positive for own black girls to see. But in reality the only thing they will see is you need to go outside your community to find love with a white prince.

"Man this has to be exhausting" - @GNS

Back