Welcome To aBlackWeb

Disney+ Disney's Mulan

I guess.... Mandalorian was cost around 100million to make, they released that on Disney+ without a theatre release..
Black is King... im sure that production wasn't cheap at all.... that streamed on Disney+ without a theatrical release
Hamilton... I think they shelled out 75million for that stage production and streamed it on Disney+ without a theatrical release

Google is saying the live action Mulan cost around 200mil. I dunno... seems like Mulan is an obscure title to pick to actually charge people for.. especially with other movies they have produced having larger followings/fanbases
But you gotta remember what the purpose was for making Mandalorian. To drive new subscriptions to the app.

Mulan wasn't meant for the app. It was meant for theatrical release. Letting it go for free on Disney+ is doing nothing at this point when anybody who wanted the app already has it and has most likely used that free trial.

That would be like the Staples Center charging Lakers/Clippers tix for Lakers/Wizards prices. Nah you gotta pay more for the best shit when we already letting you have the good shit for the low.

I don't mind them charging for something like this (hell it might just be the start of the movie experience for now on), but it should be like 9.99, not 29.99.

A lotta folks gonna be hesitant to spend that $30 for a one time viewing and they damn sure ain't gonna comeback for a 2nd/3rd viewing at that price either.
How much money would you estimate a family of 4 would spend on tickets?

I guess.... Mandalorian was cost around 100million to make, they released that on Disney+ without a theatre release..
Black is King... im sure that production wasn't cheap at all.... that streamed on Disney+ without a theatrical release
Hamilton... I think they shelled out 75million for that stage production and streamed it on Disney+ without a theatrical release

Google is saying the live action Mulan cost around 200mil. I dunno... seems like Mulan is an obscure title to pick to actually charge people for.. especially with other movies they have produced having larger followings/fanbases

The Mandalorian was designed to be a Disney+ show. I doubt Beyoncé's visual album was destined for anywhere but Disney+ as well. Hamilton was recorded back when the original cast was still together and is years old.

Mulan was filmed with it being released in theaters in mind. I can't fault them for trying to get their money back. And $30 for a family is a deal. Two people with snacks and drinks is going to cost you $30 at a theater.

Never watched the animated one so I'll see that to see if it's worth it to watch the live-action one

This shit was fire

Might beat out Jungle Book for their best live action

Better than the cartoon.

Had no idea that was Jet Li too

wait what? Jet li was in this shit? lmao I might have to rewatch cuz I surely aint see him in this on the first watch

Back