Welcome To aBlackWeb

Just finished with some family.

I lowkey wish I could've seen this in a theater. The animation and writing was solid and the whole theme about life and its meaning definitely needed to be said. Jamie killed it as usual and the jokes about the Knicks were hilarious. There were times when I thought this movie was gonna go south but I'm happy it didn't go with the "black male sacrifice death" especially after this year.

I’ll give it another watch cuz me and my fam were talking a little throughout the movie but off the first watch I just thought it was cool.

I think this movie is more for older kids or even teens. Younger kids are gonna be pretty confused.

My 9 & 5 yr old loved it

They def enjoyed it more than me. Currently watchin again now.

They said the best parts are when he dies and when he gets turned into a cat.

The extended jazz scenes are when they lose interest. Kids dont care about jazz mane

This movie is the type of film that kinda tugs at your heart strings a bit, so if you don't like stuff like that then it most likely will not appeal to you.

I really loved the teaching and learning aspect as well as the appreciation of actually living life about this film. The most endearing part to me was the way it showed how anybody can teach or introduce folks to new ideas of thinking or things in general.

The film just had a lot of heart in my opinion

So this is a spoiler.

I slept on it and maybe I’m thinking real deep into it.

The movie overall I enjoyed, what I didn’t enjoy was the idea they had behind a little white woman as a SOUL named 22 who he had to help find her life’s purpose. That same white woman somehow was able to live a more fulfilling life than he did...in his own body. They then ran with the idea behind a white woman helping him somehow “discover” his worth and that his life was worth living for.

whew chile!

So this is a spoiler.

The movie overall I enjoyed, what I didn’t enjoy was the idea they had behind a little white woman as a SOUL named 22 who he had to help find her life’s purpose. That same white woman somehow was able to live a more fulfilling life than he did...in his own body. They then ran with the idea behind a white woman helping him somehow “discover” his worth and that his life was worth living for.

whew chile!
I know Tina fey is white but 22 doesn't have a race that was the joke when he said why do you sound like a white women the souls have no assigned race until they reach earth

I know Tina fey is white but 22 doesn't have a race that was the joke when he said why do you sound like a white women the souls have no assigned race until they reach earth

We aren’t children, so using a blue-ish character didn’t change the fact that we adults knew it was a white person.

Anything else you’d like to add to what I, myself, took from the movie?

So this is a spoiler.

whew chile!

Thats on him tho...

...she explained how her voice could be anything.

I can be just as Hotep as Dr. Umar at times but you kinda reachin’...

Back