Welcome To aBlackWeb

Did Jesus think the Earth was flat?

Two choices, do good or do bad. Bad would consist of things that harm others mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. It's a lot easier and a lot more fun to be bad, hence why the world isnt full of jesus like humans.

Maybe in LaLa land or whatever fairy tale world you're from, but what in the real world makes you believe the masses of people would consistently do the right, just, and humane things without some code of conduct, set of laws, or religious doctrine in place. Hell all three of those things exist and people still don't consistently behave in a respectable manner. So clearly people need a book and more to tell them not to act like dickheads.

I said people shouldn't need a book not that they don't...a large part of the population is either too stupid or too selfish to just do the right thing (which is subjective to begin with)

But if the only reason a person is doing good is so that they can "get into heaven" then they aren't that good to begin with

Reactions: B_A
I said people shouldn't need a book not that they don't...a large part of the population is either too stupid or too selfish to just do the right thing (which is subjective to begin with)

But if the only reason a person is doing good is so that they can "get into heaven" then they aren't that good to begin with

I'd agree with all that. Also, the Bible doesn't promote doing good because you want to get into Heaven. The Bible promotes seeking righteousness because it's the right thing to do.

Back