Welcome To aBlackWeb

DEBATE Determining Peoples Blackness

Is your blackness determined by which of your parents is black?

• Total voters
1714615292757.gif
He is black.

This is just a representation of my thought processes reading this silly ass thread.

I picked him on purpose though. Lmao

When you meet a black person in a non black environment and yall share that look.

If you know what the look is, and you share in the look.

You black enough, ion give a fuck whatever else you do.

You don’t know that look if you don’t know that look

View attachment 1304839

Feel me

Niggas know The Nod when they see it.

basically a quick “protect me if a race riot pop off in this building” contract on the spot.

If you don't have a black parent and don't "look" black please miss me with any race discussions involving black ppl.

Cultural blackness is a separate issue but it's still predicated on the idea of one being black.

If you don't have a black parent and don't "look" black please miss me with any race discussions involving black ppl.

Cultural blackness is a separate issue but it's still predicated on the idea of one being black.
But there are people that attribute gross stereotypes or frivolous bullshit to "cultural blackness"

Is Cultural black really a thing though?

I can look at how and where I was raised then look at my son and how and where he’s being raised and the similarities culturally are not really the same.

Is Cultural black really a thing though?

I can look at how and where I was raised then look at my son and how and where he’s being raised and the similarities culturally are not really the same.
I think cultural blackness at its core is just comfortability around black ppl and if black ppl in general would be comfortable around you. Candace owens will never not be a black woman but she's not culturally black.

Law of averages says there's someone on here that's mixed with the only parent being black is the mother...

And Mother's Day is coming up soon

Mike,

What did you mean with this? I don't want to make any assumptions

Yes there are some things that are culturally black. For instance if you grew up in a home with a Black woman then you know what that hot comb smell is like. There's differences by region, country, etc but there are certain things that if you grew up in a Black home and around Black people you would know and recognize even if you don't realize it.

Back