Welcome To aBlackWeb

Paramount + Desus & Mero

When they were on Vice, they regularly brought me to tears from laughing. I loved their show and caught it as often as I could. When they went to Showtime it was like they had to tone it down. I'm sure the money was better, but they couldn't fully let loose like they could on Vice.

Crazy to see Desus go from forum poster over at OKP to Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations", Bodega Boys, and then Desus and Mero on Vice.

Disagree with the bolded entirely. That was their whole bag.

They tried it and it didn't work, as we now see. It's like they were catering to 2 different crowds. Personally, I preferred watching desus. When Mero started talking or telling a joke, it wasn't working for me.

Even when they interviewed their guests, desus typically lead the convo cause he had better skills in that area. Mero had terrible questions for guests.

They tried it and it didn't work, as we now see. It's like they were catering to 2 different crowds. Personally, I preferred watching desus. When Mero started talking or telling a joke, it wasn't working for me.

Even when they interviewed their guests, desus typically lead the convo cause he had better skills in that area. Mero had terrible questions for guests.

It got them a showtime deal and a show that ran 3 seasons. That's not a "didn't work" thing. That's more than most shows get. They achieved success.

If you didn't fuck with the show or their style cool but what you were saying in your original post was kind of disingenuous.

Just say you think Mero is a bozo and keep it moving.

It got them a showtime deal and a show that ran 3 seasons. That's not a "didn't work" thing. That's more than most shows get. They achieved success.

If you didn't fuck with the show or their style cool but what you were saying in your original post was kind of disingenuous.

Just say you think Mero is a bozo and keep it moving.

Why would I call him a bozo just cause I don't like his style? If shit's that cut and dry I guess all the other comedians I don't like are bozos too then. Just cause I don't fuck with it doesn't mean other people don't. Calling him a bozo is just being disrespectful to him and his fans.

I give them props on lasting as long as they did, but you got mfs on podcasts that have lasted far longer. Probably on TV too but I don't watch enough late night to name names.

Why would I call him a bozo just cause I don't like his style? If shit's that cut and dry I guess all the other comedians I don't like are bozos too then. Just cause I don't fuck with it doesn't mean other people don't. Calling him a bozo is just being disrespectful to him and his fans.

I give them props on lasting as long as they did, but you got mfs on podcasts that have lasted far longer. Probably on TV too but I don't watch enough late night to name names.

Ionno bruh... Bodega Boys started in 2015 and the original Complex joint Desus VS Mero was from 2013. Ain't a lotta cats still droppin' from back then.

Used to watch back on Vice because they had decent guests

Never caught a single ep after the Showtime move

Reactions: GNS
Ionno bruh... Bodega Boys started in 2015 and the original Complex joint Desus VS Mero was from 2013. Ain't a lotta cats still droppin' from back then.

Valid point. I'm just saying, meros brand of humor wasn't my thing.

Maybe what I should've said in my original post, per freeman's argument, was that I'm glad they're trying something new and that I'll be watching to see what desus does next.

After listening to Lebatard I see who their audience was/is.....nobody i personally knew watched this show.

They talked like these dudes was all-time greats lmao

Back