Welcome To aBlackWeb

DeShaun Watson’s Legal Saga. Final Ruling: Suspended 11 games for the 2022 Season, fined $5M

first of all I am a firm believer in “where there’s smoke there’s fire” so seeing the amount of accusers in addition to him having over 60 different “therapists” in the span of 17 mos says a lot.

As as far as the Grand Jury…he wasnt on trial…so it’s misinformed to say he was “found not guilty” The jury came to the conclusion that the evidence admitted wasn’t enough to indict. In addition SA cases are very hard to indict unless it’s violent because unless you got the perp dead to rights on video or eyewitnesses…its essentially he said she said. As far as the civil suits…most civil suits get settled and it’s usually because one party (complainant usually) don’t have the resources to really drag it out…so they just take the money…best believe that’s what happened here.

The arbitor concluded 6 games based on precedence that the NFL itself set. She made that very clear in her ruling. As a former federal judge she was used to being bound by Stare Decisis (look it up lol). So its really the NFL fault cause they are/were traditionally weak with punishment in these matters.

I do think however that they will appeal and add 2-4 games plus a fine. What people are missing here is that the NFL is nit bound by her decision. They can either agree or say “fuck that” and suspend him for however long they want plus fines, etc.

Lol @ he "chose" to sit out. Yeah right. You think the nigga that been professing his innocence from the beginning chose to sit? Aight man
Bro he wasn’t gonna play for Houston. He made that clear. And they weren’t gonna trade him at the time…they made that clear.

He was already prepared to sit the season out. The whole reason he got exposed was because the Texans was willing to let it all burn because he said fuck yall.

Texans are just as guilty cause they enabled this nigga. They just knew that they had the protection of the shield for REAL.

I dont think the NFL cares how foul anyone is living. And I think you agree. The NFL only cares about how the foulness is percieved and how it effects their bottom line. Imo, the NFL will roll out the foulest mfers to play if there wouldnt be a public push back.

With that said, the NFL did good from the sense of washing their hands of this decision.

I think the NFL can easily point to the fact that they did a independent investigation (which, lets be clear, was complete trash and showed their bias), and then they gave the results to an independent arbiter to decide on the punishment.

With that plus the fact that the grand jury found him not guilty, imo, the NFL is gonna look really good from a PR perspective.

Me myself though, im just of the mind that these sports leagues shouldnt suspend mfers without pay for more than 5-10% of their yearly salary if there was no legal action taken.

My opinion on this has nothing to do with Deshaun, its just how I feel in general.

These spoets leagues are all questionable and do some nasty shit, so I dont feel comfortable with them picking selectively where they want to be moral based on what looks good on the media.

Thats imo though

I think because in their minds? They look at these dudes as idiots and weirdos anyway. The game is amazing. I can’t wait for football season. However these men are seen as barbarians that have mental issues because of the sport they choose to play. It’s literally sanctioned violence where they get paid to run into each other.

Hence why they don’t trip over CTE, violence against children or domestic violence. To me? They probably see it as forgone conclusion.

I think because in their minds? They look at these dudes as idiots and weirdos anyway. The game is amazing. I can’t wait for football season. However these men are seen as barbarians that have mental issues because of the sport they choose to play. It’s literally sanctioned violence where they get paid to run into each other.

Hence why they don’t trip over CTE, violence against children or domestic violence. To me? They probably see it as forgone conclusion.
Absolutely. fans see them as that to various degrees

Bro he wasn’t gonna play for Houston. He made that clear. And they weren’t gonna trade him at the time…they made that clear.

He was already prepared to sit the season out. The whole reason he got exposed was because the Texans was willing to let it all burn because he said fuck yall.

Texans are just as guilty cause they enabled this nigga. They just knew that they had the protection of the shield for REAL.

Dan Lebatard touched on this today.....he did not sit out by choice.

So if these cases never happened

he would have played for Houston last year?

No, he would have been traded and played for whomever he was traded too. I'll take a somewhat insiders word on this. Imo, he was suspended adjacent last season and half of this season. Is that enough punishment? Idk, glad it ain'ty call to make.

No, he would have been traded and played for whomever he was traded too. I'll take a somewhat insiders word on this. Imo, he was suspended adjacent last season and half of this season. Is that enough punishment? Idk, glad it ain'ty call to make.
I get the concept of that idea but it’s still flimsy at best. Regardless if the Texans purposely leaked this…his actions caused the the trade market for him to essentially die. Any team could have still traded for him, the commissioner’s office didn’t put him on the exempt list either. The NFL did nothing administratively to stop a trade or bar him from playing. If he wasn’t doing shady shit he the headlines would be strictly about his unhappiness with Texans and what it would take for both parties to move on and he still playing ball.

That suspended adjacent mumbo jumbo shouldn’t hold up at all lol

but you right…I’d rather be on this site discussing it than having to make that decision for sure

Back