Welcome To aBlackWeb

DeShaun Watson’s Legal Saga. Final Ruling: Suspended 11 games for the 2022 Season, fined $5M

Just a note: shes an independent arbiter not an independent investigator.

Meaning, she makes her judgement based on the info the nfl gives her. She doesnt go out and actually do ivestigations.

I think this is missed on both sides. One side is claiming she did good, the other side is claiming she did bad.

All she did was decide on a punishment based on the investigation from the NFL, which I think we all know was deeply deeply flawed.

Grand jury of white people found no evidence to indict him. A white woman looked at the evidence and said 6 games is a fair enough suspension. If anyone is “appalled” take it up with them.

100%

Regardless of what side a person is on when it comes to if they think hes guilty or not, wtf do you want the NFL to do?

Imo, even 6 games is too much. Not cause I think dude is innocent, but because if there wasnt a legal crime comitted, then the NFL needs to do no more than 2 games for misconducted. Imo

I get thats how it goes still doesn't mean it's not dumb as shit.

That's what I'm getting at those that want the NFL to take tougher stances need to say exactly what they want those stances to be.

I'm of the opinion many of them don't say exactly what they want because they wouldn't want that applied across the board including their own profession. They want to pick and choose how harsh shit should be based on other factors outside of the actual crimes committed or accusations.

That's the crazy thing though. Most of us would just be fired quick and easy if we got caught up in some mess like this. You would think if that's what these people wanted they would just come out and say it.

TBH, I think a lot of these people just want to see an "overpaid N word" get what's coming to him.

100%

Regardless of what side a person is on when it comes to if they think hes guilty or not, wtf do you want the NFL to do?

Imo, even 6 games is too much. Not cause I think dude is innocent, but because if there wasnt a legal crime comitted, then the NFL needs to do no more than 2 games for misconducted. Imo

I get where you're coming from, but I don't agree. The NFL doesn't have to go based on what's legal or not. They have a brand and are supposed to protect that brand. QBs are typically the faces of their teams, and it doesn't look good to have one of those faces be perceived to be a serial abuser. I ain't saying they should just be beating up on dudes even if those dudes are innocent, but if the NFL actually believes that Watson was living foul (which it actually seems like they do), they got the right to go at him.

That's the crazy thing though. Most of us would just be fired quick and easy if we got caught up in some mess like this. You would think if that's what these people wanted they would just come out and say it.

TBH, I think a lot of these people just want to see an "overpaid N word" get what's coming to him.

I get where you're coming from, but I don't agree. The NFL doesn't have to go based on what's legal or not. They have a brand and are supposed to protect that brand. QBs are typically the faces of their teams, and it doesn't look good to have one of those faces be perceived to be a serial abuser. I ain't saying they should just be beating up on dudes even if those dudes are innocent, but if the NFL actually believes that Watson was living foul (which it actually seems like they do), they got the right to go at him.

I dont think the NFL cares how foul anyone is living. And I think you agree. The NFL only cares about how the foulness is percieved and how it effects their bottom line. Imo, the NFL will roll out the foulest mfers to play if there wouldnt be a public push back.

With that said, the NFL did good from the sense of washing their hands of this decision.

I think the NFL can easily point to the fact that they did a independent investigation (which, lets be clear, was complete trash and showed their bias), and then they gave the results to an independent arbiter to decide on the punishment.

With that plus the fact that the grand jury found him not guilty, imo, the NFL is gonna look really good from a PR perspective.

Me myself though, im just of the mind that these sports leagues shouldnt suspend mfers without pay for more than 5-10% of their yearly salary if there was no legal action taken.

My opinion on this has nothing to do with Deshaun, its just how I feel in general.

These spoets leagues are all questionable and do some nasty shit, so I dont feel comfortable with them picking selectively where they want to be moral based on what looks good on the media.

Thats imo though

I dont think the NFL cares how foul anyone is living. And I think you agree. The NFL only cares about how the foulness is percieved and how it effects their bottom line. Imo, the NFL will roll out the foulest mfers to play if there wouldnt be a public push back.

With that said, the NFL did good from the sense of washing their hands of this decision.

I think the NFL can easily point to the fact that they did a independent investigation (which, lets be clear, was complete trash and showed their bias), and then they gave the results to an independent arbiter to decide on the punishment.

With that plus the fact that the grand jury found him not guilty, imo, the NFL is gonna look really good from a PR perspective.

Me myself though, im just of the mind that these sports leagues shouldnt suspend mfers without pay for more than 5-10% of their yearly salary if there was no legal action taken.

My opinion on this has nothing to do with Deshaun, its just how I feel in general.

These spoets leagues are all questionable and do some nasty shit, so I dont feel comfortable with them picking selectively where they want to be moral based on what looks good on the media.

Thats imo though

Oh for sure. When I say the NFL has the right to stamp down on dudes for living foul, I'm not saying they're doing that because they care. They're doing it to appease outraged fans. The point I was making is that if the NFL believes that it's going to take a year to get the hounds off their back, they got the right drop that year.

Oh for sure. When I say the NFL has the right to stamp down on dudes for living foul, I'm not saying they're doing that because they care. They're doing it to appease outraged fans. The point I was making is that if the NFL believes that it's going to take a year to get the hounds off their back, they got the right drop that year.

The reason I dont like that is the NFL would do someshit like suspend a mfer 2 years for betting on a game while hes injured, and then give Deshaun 6 games when the independent arbitor says he did commit "sexual assault".

The morality is wild, and its clearly all about the money.

Thats why I want this power to be taken away from the NFL. Have a set rule in place for when someone does something thats deemed as bad personal misconduct.

Like how can it even be justified to give a person betting $1500 on a game he has no hands in, and then giving a mfer 6 games when your own independent arbiter said they conducted some form of sexual misconduct?

Shits crazy. Clearly its all about the money, in which case, i dont want the NFL to even have the power to chose how much time to give who

The reason I dont like that is the NFL would do someshit like suspend a mfer 2 years for betting on a game while hes injured, and then give Deshaun 6 games when the independent arbitor says he did commit "sexual assault".

The morality is wild, and its clearly all about the money.

Thats why I want this power to be taken away from the NFL. Have a set rule in place for when someone does something thats deemed as bad personal misconduct.

Like how can it even be justified to give a person betting $1500 on a game he has no hands in, and then giving a mfer 6 games when your own independent arbiter said they conducted some form of sexual misconduct?

Shits crazy. Clearly its all about the money, in which case, i dont want the NFL to even have the power to chose how much time to give who

I agree 100%, but that's kinda what's going on here. People are pointing out exactly what you said as their reasoning for why 6 games isn't enough.

All the hot takes are coming out cause they know Goodell gonna listen to them all before making a decision

LeBatard’s show is talking about this today and the deep dive on it is very interesting…

I fux with this show, but Dan’s hypocrisy on this one is supreme bullshit. If you don’t want Gooddell going nuts with the power he has, then respect the fucking ruling made.

Start at 15:20

Last edited:
Back