Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Def Comedy Jam 25: Dave Chappelle, Steve Harvey, Ced the Entertainer, many more...

There's just not too many new funny comedians. The last 2 are Patrice and Burr, i'll throw in Hart even though I'm not really a fan. But who else is there?

They don't have to be new as it's a celebration of def comedy jam, but I don't want nothing that looks like it could've been shot on BET. I want the raw stand-up comedy like Dave had in his two specials, like ced and Steve did in Kings of comedy, etc

Oh i agree with that as well, the aesthetic of it looks off in the trailer too. But I mentioned the new era, cuz it's just gonna be bittersweet looking at how good stand up used to be compared to how trash it is now.

Indeed

I also don't like the celebrity audience

Should've been some regular folks off the street

10 mins in and i'm laughing.....

it seems pretty black excellence on the borderline of overbearingly self important...pompous.....

but they doing a good job of keeping it grounded

it essentially an over the top celebration of some of the realest niggaz alive....

like.....

if we did this type of shit all the time, i'd hate it...cuz it be like...ughhhhhhhhh.......... but all these folk legit need this type of recognition... give them niggaz roses while they living....

Watched it this morning.

Its basically a clip show.

Best part was Dave & DL onstage 2gether going off skript for about 5mins

so it's not really any stand up?

an appreciation show giving props to the different comedians, and people who helped put the shit out there in front of a live audience....also interviews

some of the bigger names talking about various different things they were thankful for, and giving shout outs...

the part with the most comedy was when dave and DL were reading something and dave struggled with the reading, so these nigga just started geeking.....

it comes off as something that normally gets cut out, but it was funny as fuck

meh, wanted stand up, but I love comedy so Ima still check it out later.

Anybody check out the seinfeld special, any good?

:scust:

You gonna need to @ @Lou Cypher on that one joe

Thats funny, because i just watched it yesterday.

It was ok. Seinfelds jokes/delivery is pretty dated. If you think he's funny, then you will probably like it. Whats cool about it though is the entire stand up is Seinfeld telling the story of how he got started in Comedy. It will go from the Stand Up to a documentary type scene with Seinfeld showing you the club he started at or the house he used to live in. It wasn't laugh out loud hilarious outside of a few jokes, but it was a good watch If you like Seinfeld.

Back