Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Dear White People

First episode was on point.

It encapsulated the social media generation perfectly and the way it ended was so damn real the way young people are affected by what they read on their computers.

This isn't the kind if show you should binge. Take it in one at a time and properly digest it. The dialogue is heavier than season 1.

Already finished season 2 and it's great to see it went in far deeper than season 1. I agree with the general consensus on here about the film - it left a lot to be desired, but the TV series builds the characters and articulates what it has to say far better.

Got some time off over the next few days so I might go through seasons 1 and 2 again.

First episode was on point.

It encapsulated the social media generation perfectly and the way it ended was so damn real the way young people are affected by what they read on their computers.

This isn't the kind if show you should binge. Take it in one at a time and properly digest it. The dialogue is heavier than season 1.

All I could do was smh ar ole girl.

I had to stop at episode 8.

That last scene was some of the best acting and writing I've ever seen in film or television.

I legit forgot I was watching a fictional show.

Ok just came here to say Jesus walks the irony was so thick you could serve it in a plate... Imma try to burn through this by tomorrow if not today.. not sure if i can.. but i can tell this season is gonna be even bettter

Great season but the takeaway for me is
Who you have sex with is indicative of the direction of your life. Reggie and Troy were both fucking white girls. Sam and Coco both fucking white boys. Two ancillary black female characters are revealed to be lesbians. And then we got an unnecessary gay sex scene with Lionel.

All of the above made this difficult to watch. For all of the embedded messages in this show, I can't imagine that there was not an agenda here that went unstated.

I finished 4 eps. It's been on point so far. CS whoever said it's not a show to binge.

I'm on 5. Yo this show negrodamus'd a few things lol. Playing the Jesus walks sample before Kanye lost his damn mind, ol girl singing lift every voice before beychella, and having the Stacey Dash esque parody before Candace Owens became a thing....sidenote why these alt right black chicks always have terrible weaves. I was rollin when that shit popped up.

And I died when we found out that nigga was a hotep.

Last edited:
Back