Welcome To aBlackWeb

I been consisi in my criticism of that film since it came out. I love infinity war though. It's #1 over all comic films imo. It's exactly what everything they put together should be able to come together and do...n it worked perfectly
Agreed I will concede Infinity War>>>>>Endgame but I still love Endgame.

I don't think folks want it to transform into the best movie ever, just turn it into a decent movie.

Ehh... this gotta be top 5 superhero films imo. If it can't break into the top 5 what was the point.

I'm not going to front like I'm going into it with leveled expectations. Nah. Mfs got to do a whole redo within the same phase. Which is unprecedented. Just being decent is unacceptable. This should be in the pantheon of superhero films after it drops.

If they don't kill this...

I'm just saying I don't expect it to leap frog other movies in expectations.

Like you've seen bvs, watchmen, 300.... You know what Snyder is capable of.... If none of those are in your top 10 or top 5 comic movies, I don't see him knocking this out the park when the bulk of it we've already seen.

If it's not in your top 10 now....??‍♂️?

In no order...

Dark knight
Winter soldier
Endgame
Infinity war
Civil war
Batman begins
Mos
Black panther
Ragnorok
Into the spiderverse
Logan
Spiderman 2
Wonder woman
Aou
Avengers
Guardians of the galaxy
Ironman

Were all better superhero films.

I can keep going but I won't.

I'm just saying I don't expect it to leap frog other movies in expectations.

Like you've seen bvs, watchmen, 300.... You know what Snyder is capable of.... If none of those are in your top 10 or top 5 comic movies, I don't see him knocking this out the park when the bulk of it we've already seen.

And that would be incredibly disappointing and he should be out of the picture then. Greatest group of superheroes should have a film amongst the best of superhero films.

To not expect that...

My top 10 comic book movies. Not including animated or seasons of series. Straight up, page to screen movies, off the top of my head

#1 infinity war
#2 the dark knight
#3 civil war
#4 man of steel
#5 Batman 1989
#6 BvS
#7 Winter soldier
#8 Black Panther
#9 Superman 2
#10 Wonder Woman

At absolute best... Meeting all my my expectations..... the Snyder Cut might make it to 6. But I don't see it breaking the top 5.

Each of the top 5 had classic memorable all time performances. No one gave that kind of performance in justice league, and I don't see how what they're advertising anything will deliver that kind of performance.

Even had Snyder had the chance to create the entire DCEU he visioned.... We're talking about Snyder. I don't see this or any version of this particular story being that great.

there was a rumour going around about the original Snyder cut where darkseid goes to the batcave and killed Lois which sets off superman

Now if they screened THAT and show THAT, then yeah I'll be the first to say... Top 5.. But I don't got even this movie going that hard

Last edited:
If that happens then there has to be a part 2 and Snyder has already gone on record saying WB isn’t interested in a Justice League 2. Shit they barely got this off.

somebody said earlier that they think WB/DC is waiting to see how this joint is received to decide their next move. I wonder if there's any truth to that.. If they'll change course if this shit does real numbers and is received well

Only two things would make my excited about that.

Damien Wayne
Constantine

After seeing the way justice league dark 2 ended. WB needs those two characters to push the kind of show down we as fans deserve to see

Too much building up....

The way they blended the teen titans with jl dark and the death of superman storylines together was too good to be replicated

Personally I'm not a fan of Justice League Dark: Apokolips, especially how there was no real build up at the beginning.

Man of Steel is underrated and Batman Vs Superman (the Directors Cut version though as it made more sense), wasn't too bad either.

My biggest gripe with Snyder is that his editing as of late is awful. For the extra 30-40 minutes added in BvS he could of easily taken out other scenes that weren't necessary. I thought that was clearly a one off with Suckerpunch but it's evident that although he has lots of ideas, he doesn't know how to use a storyboard to his advantage like Ridley Scott.

Like how on earth has the Justice League Directors Cut ended up longer than The Watchmen???

Last edited:
Personally I'm not a fan of Justice League Dark: Apokolips, especially how there was no real build up at the beginning.

Man of Steel is underrated and Batman Vs Superman (the Directors Cut version though as it made more sense), wasn't too bad either.

My biggest gripe with Snyder is that his editing as of late is awful. For the extra 30-40 minutes added in BvS he could of easily taken out other scenes that weren't necessary. I thought that was clearly a one of with Suckerpunch but it's evident that although he has lots of ideas, he doesn't know how to use a storyboard to his advantage like Ridley Scott.

Like how on earth has the Justice League Directors Cut ended up longer than The Watchmen???
Very decent post..

I think what made apokolips work was how it picked up from reign of supermen, the ending if the teen titans run and the dark stories with constantine.... A lot like infinity war.... The build up was in the previous films. It literally started after they lost..... But it was a bold way to start a movie. So I can get not liking it.

Snyder makes music video movies imo.

Sucker punch is a great example. Amazing visuals... But the story was tough to sell imo.

Justice league the movie itself.....I don't think the story was it. But I can appreciate the visuals a guy like Snyder can bring.

I personally liked the look of bvs and JL

I LOVED that scene when superman followed flash running.... That shit was directed perfectly...I don't know who did it Snyder or Weedon.... But that's pretty much what I would like to see more of.... Stuff like that.... That's where my expectations lie.

Back