Welcome To aBlackWeb

The first movie was kinda corny but also entertaining in its own way. I gotta see what what they go with the sequel to know if I'll give it a try. I'm interested in the Black Adam movie though.

This one?

One of my favorite episodes of JL/JLU.

Yeah that was dope, but it does highlight my problem with Superman and DC in general. Dude is basically undefeatable. They can hit each other all day and Superman can even look on the ropes, but at some point he just pulls out the "This ends now" shit and no matter who he's fighting, he'll come out on top.

I read that whole Doomsday Clock event in the comics even wrapped up by confirming that the presence of Superman in each universe is what keeps the whole universe from going to shit. I could buy that if he was like some Cosmic entity created specifically to perform that role, but he's not, DC writers just treat him that way.

Yeah that was dope, but it does highlight my problem with Superman and DC in general. Dude is basically undefeatable. They can hit each other all day and Superman can even look on the ropes, but at some point he just pulls out the "This ends now" shit and no matter who he's fighting, he'll come out on top.

I read that whole Doomsday Clock event in the comics even wrapped up by confirming that the presence of Superman in each universe is what keeps the whole universe from going to shit. I could buy that if he was like some Cosmic entity created specifically to perform that role, but he's not, DC writers just treat him that way.
If Shazam doesn't turn back into Billy then I'm pretty sure he wins because of the magic. Don't know if you've watched it but you should check out 'Superman: Doomsday' and 'The Death of Superman'. Personally I like 'Superman: Doomsday' better

He's been beaten by Darkseid a bunch too.

If Shazam doesn't turn back into Billy then I'm pretty sure he wins because of the magic. Don't know if you've watched it but you should check out 'Superman: Doomsday' and 'The Death of Superman'. Personally I like 'Superman: Doomsday' better

He's been beaten by Darkseid a bunch too.

I'm seen both. I like the DCAU cartoons. And yea, Darkseid beat him, but I know you remember this:

Darkseid was beating Superman's ass,a nd Superman was basically like "Ok, time to get serious" and had Darkseid pulling dirty tricks to win.

Yeah I was hyped af when the Watchmen and DC universe merged, they could have done so much more with Doomsday clock but shit ended up being complete bullshit imo.

comic book writers have a tendency of writing some outrageous shit - which we ironically take as cannon and discuss in a million other threads - but Superman comics (and films) tend to end with a lot of deus ex machinas ... laziest way of writing there is imo...

He’s still one of my favorite heroes, loved how Frank Miller wrote him in the Master Race and a lot of Batman n Supes team up stories are goat...

Yeah I was hyped af when the Watchmen and DC universe merged, they could have done so much more with Doomsday clock but shit ended up being complete bullshit imo.

comic book writers have a tendency of writing some outrageous shit - which we ironically take as cannon and discuss in a million other threads - but Superman comics (and films) tend to end with a lot of deus ex machinas ... laziest way of writing there is imo...

He’s still one of my favorite heroes, loved how Frank Miller wrote him in the Master Race and a lot of Batman n Supes team up stories are goat...

I think Superman is a good character. I just don't understand why some writers want to make him this god that is the end all and be all of everything in DC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they've even made a point of minimizing his weaknesses. Like Kryptonite doesn't really affect him as strong anymore and he can walk through magic even though he's supposed to be vulnerable to it.

Yoooo that suit is leaps and bounds better. They just gonna CG his cape in? Most likely as i know they CG Supes suit.

Hope they increased the budget for this a good bit. The first film did alright for what it was given but like many have said, suit was weird and cheesy, lot of special effects just didnt look great and so on.

This is the main reason why I never liked Superman or Hulk like that. They're overpowered and written in such a fashion that whenever get tired of fighting they can just stop the fight with a simple punch. Never liked a regular hero being completely overpowered it makes their comics boring to me.

This is the main reason why I never liked Superman or Hulk like that. They're overpowered and written in such a fashion that whenever get tired of fighting they can just stop the fight with a simple punch. Never liked a regular hero being completely overpowered it makes their comics boring to me.

Yeah, but even the Hulk takes Ls. Superman doesn't. Even in cases when he does lose, they always come up with some reason to excuse it DC heroes tend to be so broken that it actually puts the writers in weird position. For example, the Flash should never ever lose. His speed feats are so ridiculous he should be able to stop 99.9% of his enemies before they even make a move, but that doesn't happen. Marvel is guilty too, but they tend to have more limiters on their characters, so there are more ways for them believably loose even when they seem overpowered. For example, Hulk is powerful, but his strength increases over time, so characters like Sentry or Hyperion, who are strong enough to KO him quickly have done exactly that.

Suits look way better

Yeah, much better

E4a9aIxUYAUZDKV

Back