Welcome To aBlackWeb

Nicholson and Ledger Joker are Phoenix’s Joker years later. I think a man as demented as the Joker would have to snap as a man cause if he was just born that way he’d be put away long before he had the chance to develop that persona.

They showed he snapped and went from normal to killer. But he killed people for a reason. They wronged him. Those other jokers killed because they loved the violence and chaos of it. With your theory he needs something to make him snap again, and make him want to kill just to kill.

Like @Duwop said the laughter is another example. Those other jokers laughed because they were psychos loving that shit. This joker laughs when he's uncomfortable. The others laughed when doing what made them most comfortable.

Instead of working backwards from who the Joker is to create his origin, they worked from the beginning and didn't meet the right ending.

They showed he snapped and went from normal to killer. But he killed people for a reason. They wronged him. Those other jokers killed because they loved the violence and chaos of it. With your theory he needs something to make him snap again, and make him want to kill just to kill.

Like @Duwop said the laughter is another example. Those other jokers laughed because they were psychos loving that shit. This joker laughs when he's uncomfortable. The others laughed when doing what made them most comfortable.

Instead of working backwards from who the Joker is to create his origin, they worked from the beginning and didn't meet the right ending.
I disagree. I think killing for a reason with no remorse is a gateway drug to killing for fun. It would take a while for someone to get to that level of psychosis, but it’d be totally plausible to start this way.

And like I said before, the laugh angle in this movie was genius. Who knows why he’s laughing? Is he uncomfortable, is he happy, is he scared?

But he did seem to enjoy killing his coworker and the talk show host. Didn’t he laugh during or after those killings? And wasn’t he kind of playful with the guards after killing the counselor at the end?

I hate when people go and try compare Jokers.

Heath actually had the dynamic and interaction with Batman to work off of. Joaquin Phoenix had nothing but a blank slate to work off of.

People can have favorites but you can't compare the two because it's 2 very different roles and stories.

Not trying to compare specific jokers, as much as compare who Joker is.

I liked the movie good enough, but couldn't quite get behind the hype (I saw people taking 8.5-9/10). I think what threw me a bit (and this could be because I'm not a comic book head), is that I always thought Joker was just an insane guy that wanted mayhem. In this though, his killings were directed at vengeance. I guess to me it's a story of a man snapping, and I get that. But when you make that man the Joker my expectation for his behavior is different.

*SPOILERS FOLLOW THIS*

I may have forgotten someone. Saw it a little while ago. But when I look at who he killed, it wasn't the killings of a chaos loving madman.

He killed the 3 dudes stomping him out on the train for no reason. Justifiable. It was self defense.

His mom. She lied to him all his life, and let him be basically tortured as a kid. You shouldn't smother your mom, but I understand why he did it. It wasn't just to create havoc.

His coworker. That dude was an asshole, and lied on him to get him fired. Not something to kill someone over, but shit... people do. He let the midget go because he was a nice guy.

De Niro. Joker was following his passion/dream and De Niro mocked him on TV, then brought him on to publicly embarrass him again. He didn't try to hurt ANYONE else around him. Just the guy that did that.
Lol the only two justified killings were the two first dudes he killed on the train. Running down and killing the third was not justified in any way.

Did this dude kill both of the black women?

Still thinking about it means he might kill himself
He only killed the black women at the end. Is apartment neighbor he didn’t. At that time he was only killing those he felt that did him wrong hence not killing the midget

Lol the only two justified killings were the two first dudes he killed on the train. Running down and killing the third was not justified in any way.

You're taking a legal standpoint. Im saying it's not the actions of a madman. LEGALLY the 3rd one was wrong. But if 3 dudes start stomping a man out for no reason, I wouldn't label him a psycho for running down and killing the 3rd one. He was understandably pissed off.

Im not saying all his killings would let him walk out of court a free man. Im saying his anger was directed exclusively at people that wronged him.

Last edited:
You're taking a legal standpoint. Im saying it's not the actions of a madman. LEGALLY the 3rd one was wrong. But if 3 dudes start stomping a man out for no reason, I wouldn't label him a psycho foot running down and killing three 3rd one. He was understandably pissed off.

Im not saying all his killings would let him walk out of court a free man. Im saying his anger was directed exclusively at people that wronged him.
Bruh running down a person and executing them cause they shoved you around is what makes you a psycho. It’s has nothing to do with the law but actually defending yourself

Ok I see where you coming from now but naw playing live or die peak a boo with the train doors then chasing him to the stairs to kill him is psycho in any society other than maybe the Middle East.

Ok I see where you coming from now but naw playing live or die peak a boo with the train doors then chasing him to the stairs to kill him is psycho in any society other than maybe the Middle East.

I just look it at him in a rage at this dude that tried to seriously fuck him up. 3 dudes getting clean kicks on you can legit kill you. Im not saying he was im the right. Im just saying it's not the act of a madman to me.

Movie was a good stand alone movie.

But it wasn't a classic.

And not a top 5 joker imo

It's still

Hamill
Ledger
Nicholson
Romero
The kid from Gotham

Lol how do you rate this when he didn’t even become joker till like the last 5 minutes of the movie. Where do you rate this Bruce Wayne?

Back