Welcome To aBlackWeb

I
It was cool. I don't even know where to place it. I've never seen a movie like it before. Definitely not a comic book movie. People were clapping when the movie ended.
It's o5 a comic book movie , well I wouldn't call it a joker movie either. They should just call it "man in clown make up does homicidal shit" and call it a day. I'll watch this shit on a streaming site instead of going to the theatre.

I

It's o5 a comic book movie , well I wouldn't call it a joker movie either. They should just call it "man in clown make up does homicidal shit" and call it a day. I'll watch this shit on a streaming site instead of going to the theatre.

Or a man off his meds descends into madness.

It was cool. Like bruh said it has taxi driver vibes. Definitely not comic bookish at all. Stemmed more in reality than tdk series. It was ok...

It is what all comic movies are, a film adaptation of comic book lore, using the comics as a foundation upon which to tell a story via the cinematic experience.

As different of a movie as it is from your typical Avengers and Batman adventures, it would be a disservice to Joker to entirely separate it from any other comic book adaptation. There are so many references to things you are familiar with from comics, it would be disingenuous to say it's not a comic adaptation.

I watched this movie and halfway through it I thought to myself, "I see why Joaquin Phoenix turned down Doctor Strange." He didn't mind doing a comic book movie but not a virtually empty one that would be discussed today and forgotten tomorrow. This film highlighted some very important facets of society and life that it is, almost instantly, timeless.

This is a must see and on first watch, I give it a 9.5/10.

Just read a review that shitted on the movie.
I was like, damn
Was still planning on watching anyway tho

The twist when you find out all his interactions with Zazie Beatz were actually just in his head was wild. from that point on it was hard to tell what was happening and what was something in Arthur's head. a lil Fight Club-ish there.

I wonder if this will tie into anything in the future, you don't have to bring Phoenix back (especially since he hates multi-picture deals) since he inspired a city of full of criminals to be "clowns". wouldn't be too far fetched to have another joker down the road that was inspired by this one

Back