Welcome To aBlackWeb

I read that but I remember it bein' quite different from the final film. Sacha Birsn Cohen (I think) had a character in who was tryna impress some people or something

TBH you may be right.
All I definitively recall was everyone saying "yeah now I see why Will Smith didn't want to take the Django role!"

It's a couple videos on YouTube claimoling to have info on the leaked script. In short he doesn't fully become the joker until the last 30 minutes. Then there's this weird sub plot that involves Thomas wayne. He takes care of his s8ck mother but is also verily abusive to her. His real name is Arthur. He develops a crush on zazzy beats character because she's one if the fe w people in the movie that is nice to him then it hits the fan when he learns she's involved with someone else etc. I consider this speculation and rumor at this point but it's still not my cup of tea. I don't.

Don't care if he doesn't become the joker until the last 30 minutes as long as there is a good build up. This movie sounds like a twisted psychological thriller. The only thing I don't like about what I heard was the Wayne's invilvement. Which I won't go into details about because it's stupid.its a joker movie the wayne family shouldn't had been in this film in any capacity. I didnt like how the Gotham series had too mulch focus on Bruce Wayne either . It s main focus shouodv3 been on Gotham pd, the crime, and the city itself but that's another subject.

It's a couple videos on YouTube claimoling to have info on the leaked script. In short he doesn't fully become the joker until the last 30 minutes. Then there's this weird sub plot that involves Thomas wayne. He takes care of his s8ck mother but is also verily abusive to her. His real name is Arthur. He develops a crush on zazzy beats character because she's one if the fe w people in the movie that is nice to him then it hits the fan when he learns she's involved with someone else etc. I consider this speculation and rumor at this point but it's still not my cup of tea. I don't.

Don't care if he doesn't become the joker until the last 30 minutes as long as there is a good build up. This movie sounds like a twisted psychological thriller. The only thing I don't like about what I heard was the Wayne's invilvement. Which I won't go into details about because it's stupid.its a joker movie the wayne family shouldn't had been in this film in any capacity. I didnt like how the Gotham series had too mulch focus on Bruce Wayne either . It s main focus shouodv3 been on Gotham pd, the crime, and the city itself but that's another subject.
Please spoiler this, smh. I got a sentence in and stopped reading.

This seems like it's about to be cerebral af.

I hope folks don't go in thinkin this gonna be the Joker you see in the animated films wit all the gadgets and shyt, and being jokey.

Movie looks like its gonna be gritty

This is like taxi driver....a lonely man who jas a rough life in the ghetto....he likes a girl but she curves him n it helps lend his way into going crazy(with other factors)

The runner of the Venice Film Festival said he believes it'll be an Oscar Contender. It's also contending in the actual Festival itself.

Those are things that don't happen for "trash" movies.

VENICE FILM FEST ARTISTIC DIRECTOR THINKS JOKER HEADING 'STRAIGHT TO THE OSCARS'

Director Todd Phillips is dead serious about Joker's potential at the Academy Awards next year.

Not only will the film, which stars Joaquin Phoenix as the DC Comics villain, have its North American premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival this year, but its world premiere will be held at the esteemed Venice Film Festival in just a few weeks. Both festivals are seen as a kind of ground zero for studios' prestige projects ahead of Oscar season, which is exactly what Phillips believes he has with Joker.

Venice Film Festival artistic director Alberto Barbera revealed to Variety that while studios (in this case, Warner Bros.) typically arrange for their titles to screen at the festival, it was Phillips who personally pushed for Joker to be on the slate.

"It’s a really surprising film," Barbera said. "It’s the most surprising film we’ve got this year. This one’s going straight to the Oscars even though it’s gritty, dark, violent. It has amazing ambition and scope."

This isn't lost on Phillips, who, according to Barbera, told Warner Bros. that "I don’t care if I run the risk of not winning. Why shouldn’t I go in competition when I know what we’ve I’ve [sic] got on our hands?"

Barbera's sentiment echoes what TIFF's artistic director Cameron Bailey told IndieWire this week, that Joker has "some real dark tones to it, but it’s just grounded in this career-best performance by Joaquin Phoenix. I think all the awards bodies will be taking notice."

This already seems like a far cry from Deadpool 2's irony-tinged Oscar campaign last fall, but it wouldn't be the first time a story set on the streets of Gotham City made its way to the Oscars. Heath Ledger was posthumously awarded a Best Supporting Actor award for his hypnotic portrayal of the Clown Prince of Crime in 2008's The Dark Knight.

Earlier this year, Marvel's Black Panther went into the Oscars with seven nominations, including Best Picture. It went home with three, including Best Costumes and Best Production Design, which itself is a noticeable uptick from the usual effects-oriented categories.

Joker also appears to be a noticeable step up for Phillips in terms of sheer cinematic ambition, given this is a director best known for screwball comedies like Old School and The Hangover trilogy. The director has frequently cited Martin Scorsese's work from the late '70s and early '80s as an inspiration, even connecting itself directly to his 1982 feature The King of Comedy, thanks in part to co-star Robert De Niro. Phillips has also shunned the character's comic backstory, so he's not held back by the confines of canon or continuity.

Unless you're attending VFF or TIFF, we'll have to wait until Oct. 4 to see exactly how well Phillips' tragic origin story in Joker comes together. But based on this very early buzz, perhaps it may very well turn into a viable contender come Oscar time.
(via IndieWire)

Movie seems presumptuous...

And coming from me.... You know it's bad.

I like Todd Phillips. And joker is one of my favorite characters. But at the end of the day it's still a comics movie. And regardless how much money comics making right now, they already saying this shit going to the Oscars before it even hit theaters??

Even I ain't that bold.

Back