Welcome To aBlackWeb

Everything "joker" about first film felt forced. It felt unnatural to the story. I've watched quite a few independent low budget artistic movies. They often go in their own direction.... and that's cool. I feel like that's what this was, but they tried to force it into a joker movie, and to me that's why it was crap.

I personally feel the first movie is its own unique thing that doesnt have to be tied into a batman film to be good
Then don't call it joker
Don't have it set in Gotham
Don't tie it to the Wayne family

If it can stand alone as a story... make it stand alone. They never had to call it joker

Cuz most people are willfully ignorant. They don't care. It's still a slap in the face of any comic fan
I understand your frustration bro.

This might sound harsh, but get used to it. I was listening to The Watch podcast and one of the hosts who is a writer and show creator said what he has learned from meeting with different studios over the past few years is that the quickest way to get your “original” movie (and to a lesser extent TV Show) made is to blend it into existing IP.

I understand your frustration bro.

This might sound harsh, but get used to it. I was listening to The Watch podcast and one of the hosts who is a writer and show creator said what he has learned from meeting with different studios over the past few years is that the quickest way to get your “original” movie (and to a lesser extent TV Show) made is to blend it into existing IP.
I understand it.

It's just my valid gripe

I was hoping they were just going to show the criminal side and how he became who he is while building his following

I was hoping they were just going to show the criminal side and how he became who he is while building his following
Naw he just finds have a crazy ass toxic made up relationship with a chick... and every body gonna say it's Harley and they finna sell a lotta Halloween costumes

At absolutem best it'll be like a more serious Todd Sweeney sequel

It has nothing to do with Batman...

The problem is it has nothing to do with joker either.

The first movie... and this shit... just some shit nigga had sitting on the shelf for years, and repackaged it as "joker"

Shits just insultingly disrespectful to the source material the core audience is baited into.

Calling it joker... then when ever joker fan shows up it's A movie of some made up shit that every forced part was an attempt to tie it to Gotham and the Wayne family...

It's a joke. A bad joke. So I guess I'm that sense joker still wins... but c'mon

Nothing but truth in this statement

I get that if your only going to enjoy it in that direction. I personally feel the first movie is its own unique thing that doesnt have to be tied into a batman film to be good. Just a different version and take with a more serious tone thats not too heavy on the lore. The sequel musical doesnt sound interesting off the top but seeing the people tied to the film its probably going to do big major things.

There is two other Batman worlds about to be in the mix with Pattinson and Gunns Batman and one of those can give the fans the real Joker they desire.

Yeah I didn't go in expecting it to be tied to Batman, or wanting to see any elements of Batman. I just treated as a whole different version of Joker in this VAST DC universe. You kinda go in with no expectations. Yeah folks wanna see a good movie. But if you go in expectations things YOU wanna see in the movie, then it kinda takes away from the experience. Cuz you'll be nitpicking at every little thing, instead of actually watchin the movie.

That's how I feel about all these comic book movies.

Yeah I didn't go in expecting it to be tied to Batman, or wanting to see any elements of Batman. I just treated as a whole different version of Joker in this VAST DC universe. You kinda go in with no expectations. Yeah folks wanna see a good movie. But if you go in expectations things YOU wanna see in the movie, then it kinda takes away from the experience. Cuz you'll be nitpicking at every little thing, instead of actually watchin the movie.

That's how I feel about all these comic book movies.
Folks take shit too serious. I mean I get it if your a comic book nerd but at the same time isnt there like 100 different versions/variants of new origins and retold stories for alot of the characters over the decades in different books. To me this is no different just a different telling.

Like I said before one of Pattinson or Gunns Batman can give the die hards the true Joker they want.

Still iffy on the musical but if anhthing I know Gaga and Joaquin about to kill it.

Last edited:
Folks take shit too serious. I mean I get it if your a comic book nerd but at the same time isnt there like 100 different versions/variants of new origins and retold stories for alot of the characters over the decades in different books. To me this is no different just a different telling.

Like I said before one of Pattinson or Gunns Batman can give the die hards the true Joker they want.
I hope someday someone makes a movie called “Kenny Omega” and it has absolutely nothing to do with Kenny Omega

Still iffy on the musical but if anhthing I know Gaga and Joaquin about to kill it.

Pretty much how I see it. Majority of these DC/Marvel characters have different versions. Especially the big time characters. Especially Joker.

I hope someday someone makes a movie called “Kenny Omega” and it has absolutely nothing to do with Kenny Omega
Bruce is mentioned, set in Gotham and its different version of Joker. Not the same comparison.

Like I mentioned before comic nerds should know there is a 100 different versions of characters in those books that the writers sometimes go off in their own vison. I see this as just that.

Hopefully Pattinson and Gunn got the upsets covered next time.

Last edited:
I don't mind changes if it's still good.

Interview with the vampire made HUGE changes, but I think overall it was good. It captured the heart of the characters imo.

Joker was boring imo. And it just felt forced

Back