Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 10-04-24

Here is what I was told happened by a friend who did his research. Let me say at the top that I didn't watch either movie.

But according to my boy, the director of the movie wasn't happy how his Joker was turned into some sort of icon by the right wing white supremacists. It seems like in the first movie, they depicted Joker as this loser who kept blaming life and the system for his short comings. The audience was supposed to understand his perspective but not really relate. Especially when he goes full murderer and starts killing folk.

But ofcourse, this spoke to young white supremacists who think the system is to blame for their shitty ass existences. The director was like wtf, Joker shouldn't have talking to y'all and got y'all to relate like that.

So he approached the second movie by completely destroying the character he built in the first movie. Apart from being a musical, he had this mfer be a whiny ass loser who got raped in jail, begged to be released, couldnt last more than a few pumps when fucking, and eventually got mercy killed.

The directors purpose was to completely strip away anything that made Arthur a hero to the white angst crowd in the first movie and portray him as an absolute loser.

Now again, I bailed out on watching the first movie soon as I heard white supremacists loved it cause they related to Arthur. And no way was I ever gonna watch the second movie after skipping the first.

But if the above is true, then props to the director cause he did capture the shit perfectly. These white angst mfers really are some losers that constantly fail at life and blame the "system" or others when the system is set up specifically for them to succeed.

To all y'all who thoroughly disappointed and feel like y'all lost money on this bullshit, good.
No fuckin way

Like I said bro, that director was a gangsta for that and I didn't know about this shit. I can remember a film this fearless especially when the last one made 1 billion lol.

It seemed like they all knew it would piss people off which is kinda badass to me especially since it makes sense what the Joker was starting to symbolize in the film and in real life with people. I'm telling y'all years down the line people will return to this film and see the genius in it.
Ain’t nobody gonna be calling this genius lmaoooo

So I heard Gaga barely sings in this? It's mostly Joaquin? If true why even cast her if she ain't gonna "show out"?

Essentially, Todd Phillips had Warner Brothers at gunpoint and he got everything he wanted and they bent the knee cause the first movie did a billie. Wouldn't be surprised if Warner Brothers doesn't do this again with any director

View attachment 1393397
Jesus Christ... The fuckery surrounded around this film is was just an absolute disaster in the making. How is it that WB didn't mandate test screenings and this sequel's first week opening was lower than Morbius & The Marvels.

Jesus Christ... The fuckery surrounded around this film is was just an absolute disaster in the making. How is it that WB didn't mandate test screenings and this sequel's first week opening was lower than Morbius & The Marvels.
Overvalued the drawing power of gaga and the success of the first one. Womp womp

The way people are talking about this movie reminds me of how xfiles came back in movie form after being off tv for a while. And all the xfiles fans got excited to see them again in a bigger way.

Then were very disappointed because the movie had the characters and the lore but was not an Xfiles movie. Movie companies sometimes want to make movies but don’t want to promote or do the leg work to create an audience for it.

So they take a staple and use the characters and the lore to make the movie they want and try to use the audience that’s already into the thing. To have a built in audience for the movie they want to make.

Ion think this was intended at any point to be a joker movie. It just used the parts that were there to bring in an audience predisposed to want to see it.

Still waiting for you to explain whats great about it? Being highly received means nothing. You are using other people's opinions and The Last Jedi was well reviewed.
Makes sense The Last Jedi was well-reviewed cause it was the best one from the sequel trilogy
Wait, The Last Jedi was the Rian Johnson one, right? I am a Star Wars casual, but that was a good movie imo. Did not understand the backlash.

Back