Welcome To aBlackWeb

Saw this last week and for a $10 matinee it was aight. The 20 minute history lesson at the beginning and the rock's "acting" did it no favors tho

I also couldn't get over that goofy ass hawkman outfit....and the fact they tried to make hawkman a Great Value Bruce Wayne/Tony Stark

Action scenes music and CGI were good tho
@Sony Montana hated the narrating in the beginning too lol

IIRC something happened that either stopped or delayed the movie from releasing in China...where Dwayne Johnson happens to be ASTRONOMICALLY huge in

damn thats gotta suck. I am curious if they count paid streams though. I believe one of my brothers might have paid to stream that joint thanksgiving weekend or some shit.

Seems like the industry is lagging behind how they actually count if a movie is profitable if they are only counting box office and not the other point of sales

I know China has the largest population but this country really needs to stop kissing their asses. Promote in Africa and the Caribbean. They did not need China to hit $600 mil. Fuck China.

I know China has the largest population but this country really needs to stop kissing their asses. Promote in Africa and the Caribbean. They did not need China to hit $600 mil. Fuck China.
Second largest film market in the world. Anthony Mackie already told us who they making movies for. "16 year olds and China."

Wakanda Forever made 730 million despite China banning them. So what is black adam excuse again???
Being the introduction of a new character, not having the added hype to see the response to a lead actor's death, oh and not having the disney/marvel machine behind it.

The better comparison woulda been Top gun Maverick. And even still that was just an incredibly fun movie and even that may have kowtowed(sp?) to China a bit

I'm surprised because aren't his movies usually box office hits even though he usually plays the same character?

I went to see it for Black Adam but I know there are people that go see his movies for him

Back