Welcome To aBlackWeb

I did something I have never done

I saw a DCEU movie in theatres

I just saw this and I’ll wait until I get home to leave a spoiler review but I will say right now DC fans could see this and not feel TOO bad about it.

Last edited:
Alright first off the script for this movie is ass

I didn’t like how the kid (forgot his name) and how integral he was to the plot. He and that fucking skateboard would just not go away

Movie began with cliche narration and whoever was narrating sounded like they were just reading their lines off a paper

I actually would’ve excused the narration if the narration wound up being a character from the movie telling the story to another person but since it wasn’t It kinda irritated me by how bad the line reading was

Why was adriana and her people looking for the crown to begin with in the movie? ( I don’t remember if it was explained.) Why was the crown so easily found since it’s supposed to be 5000 years later?

But whatevs not that big of a deal

I liked the action when black Adam first appeared and that whole sequence was fine for the most part

I didn’t like how the justice society were introduced in a nasty expository kinda way the same way it would happen in a heist movie to explain the team coming together

Don’t just show them in a car and then list their name and aliases and say what they can do that’s gross lol

one thing I do wanna say is, probably my favorite part of this movie was Aldis Hodge. I always liked him and I wish marvel could get ahold of him. I liked everything about him and how he acted as hawkman as a righteous but very menacing character at times. He commanded the screen every time he was on it and he was just outright cool.

Pierce brosnan as Dr fate was cool but I hated that he popped up on screen to take his helmet off at every turn. I get that the actor needs the screen time but holy hell was that annoying. Seeing his powers on screen was nice in this

Atom smasher was lame comic relief, and it was super forced what he was trying to do with cyclone. I’m like you just met you don’t have to do this.

cyclone was whatever. They needed a girl. Didn’t care much for her as a character in this

also the action was relatively fine my biggest gripe was it feeling like someone discovered slo Mo for the first time in their life and abused it in this movie. Besides that it was cool

uhhhh iffy plot that is both unfocused and non adventurous? at the same time

for a movie that was confined to one area 90% of the movie it felt like it could’ve been more strong. It’s possible I don’t remember names because of it being DC and it’s a bit unfamiliar to me but I literally can’t remember the names of a lot of characters from this.

main villain was whatever.

oh yeah before I forget when they showed the flashback of what happened in the beginning and they put the rock’s old head on that little ass younger body and had him speaking an ancient language i fucking lost it lmao

As far as one of the characters in this movie dying the movie really wanted you to care but it’s like how can you? We don’t know shit about him and we just met him lol

Edit: oh yeahhhh the part at the end where the kid had the city people throw up the roc? That was the most cringe shit I saw in a minute and that kid talking during that was not saying those lines well

This movie isn’t 5/10 bad and I would give it a 6.5/10. It’s very mediocre. And I found nothing funny except one part but I forget what it was and it’s only mildy entertaining

Oh yeah they could’ve trimmed this movie down probably 10-15 mins

Last edited:
No to a lap dance, but yes to bar and buffet.

I aint go to a movie theater that wasnt dine in and dont sell alcohol in years.
Nah, save that shit. I don't like being drunk when whatching movies it makes the experience worse I learned that lesson when I had some cans of steel reserve before watching 2017 justice league.

Maybe I’m different but I’m not trying to smell and eat dinner as I watch the movie at a movie theater. Get me to the theater that serves drinks and snacks. That’s it

lol ikr. Niggas tryna eat a whole 5 course meal at da movies.

Jus gimmie sum popcorn n a hotdog n im good.

Wasnt this the rocks baby? Like he pushed for this movie to get made. And it ends up bein trash.

:yikes1:
Not a good look

If he didn’t oversell this shit as much as he did it would kinda help but he did. Now I know for sure the Rock strong armed those people during that test screening by sitting above the crowd
You gave it a 65 which is basically in between the critics giving it a 43 and the audience a 88. My theory that films usually fall somewhere in the middle of that stays alive lol

Here's my take. I agree with some of the criticisms such as it didn't do much to reinvent the super hero movie genre it wasn't a game changer after 24 years if comic book super hero adaptations what more can you do? It has all the usual bells and whistles theres a mcguffin that the hero has to keep away from the bad guy blah blah blah etc.The pacing it wasn't that it's was all over the place but yeah you getr thrown into it fast. Black Adam is an anti hero for certain but some reviews made him out to be a mindless slasher film. Monster. Because of the pg-13 rating it wasn't so much the brutality it's that he has no problem killing to get shit done. They cut a lot of scenes out to get the pg-13 rating so if there's an r-rated cut I want to see it.

the justice society was okay. They weren't active in years Amanda waller calls them in to deal wit the threat hawkman and Dr fate are the veterans a cyclone and atom smasher are the rookies or interns. I like the chemistry they had and Aldis hodge have the strongest performance they we're basically there to give black in Adam some one to fight. The movie dabbled light in politics it's not that kind of movie though it's a popcorn flick aimed at the demographic it's meant for kids and teenagers as with most super hero movie flicks.

Another problem I had was that black Adam is unbeatable in this movie so there was no stakes and the bad guy wasn't that impressive I like the fight between him and the justice society and he gave them the beats but once they tagged black Adam in,the fight was over faster and less compelling. Another thing the critics we're wrong about was that it was nonstop mindless action there was a few pauses and.breaks here and there and it wasn't as messy as they make it to be and they explain through his past why he feels he not a hero or doesn't want to be a hero.

One thing though he is the hero of khandaq in this movie. You might say he's the people's......err.....champ...yeah. that's right black Adam is the rock it's his world and everybody else are a bunch jabronis trying to get a nut! I'll say this movie is decent. I wish the new DC regime success in the box office so that man of steel , static, blue beetle etc gets the green light and we get to see works from other directors and writers lts par for your averrage superhero movie. I'll give it a "B" not being an indicator for quality but B as in................

Better than black widow and Thor love and thunder heh heh heh😈😈😈😈😈😈😈😈

Last edited:
When Adam was fighting the JSA he honestly should’ve killed them all outside of maybe fate very easily but I excused that because there was no incentive to keep them alive

Also I excused the Rock knowing English and understanding what sarcasm was just from dr fate saying it once and what everybody was saying but yet shooting at Clint Eastwood on TV for shooting on screen

I’m not gonna be overly critical about stuff like that because it’s a comic book movie. The only reason it stuck out is I don’t usually watch non marvel comic book movies so I at times had to stop myself from judging this like a non comic book movie

oh yeah now I know what I laughed at. When the rock threw homie off the bike and he tried to rush to say it while he was falling before he died

Back