Welcome To aBlackWeb

I hated how the trident started influencing his actions when he already had enough motivation for wanting to hurt Aquaman and anyone he cares about

Ok so my review in 3 parts

Good: I thought the costumes were pretty great. Well, AM and Manta. Not sure of their comic book accuracy but they always popped regardless of what scenes they were in.

Bad: Too heavy on the brother stuff. I mean I get it but still, imo there was never really a transition for them to sort through their issues prior to the boss battle. It felt very forced and unnatural.

Ugly: I can see why this movie took as long as it did with reshoots. Other comic movies that had a run time of 2 hrs, I might've felt like it wasn't long enough. 2hrs of this movie felt like 4. The pacing was really bad. The 3rd act was not good at all. There were a bunch of other things I had minor issues with like hair flowing while being submerged in an underwater vehicle but that's just probably an oversight on their part or I'm getting too in the weeds.

I thought Manta character was so flat. No flair at all. Cliche bad guy lines with bad guy mannerisms. A complete waste of that actor. I hate any movie that has a woman henchman with that deep voice trying to sound menacing. It just never goes over well. That chick in fast and furious made that her calling card.

Bottom line, imo, this was not a good movie at all.

Manta and his whole evil trident was definitely a bad story to do. I remember thinking the lost kingdom looked like Mordor from LOTR

Back