Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Dave Chappelle: The Dreamer

Yea nah, this wasn't it....atleast for a comedy special imo. Dave becoming more of a storyteller than a joke teller it seems

This one was okay. I liked the ending smoke chat more. We need more of that.

It wasn’t his best work, but for Netflix it was ok. Very clever at times.

When I think of it as him just seeing who he could piss off, everything makes more sense. Some jokes were just shock value jokes though and those are lazy jokes to me.

Cats gotta understand. You can't expect the same shit from a comedian at 50 as what he gave you at 20. Their lives feed their comedy, and their lives change a lot in 30 years.

Cats gotta understand. You can't expect the same shit from a comedian at 50 as what he gave you at 20. Their lives feed their comedy, and their lives change a lot in 30 years.
Hell, I’d expect handicap jokes at 20 not 50. Or at least have them be more clever. We all used to do that fucked up hand shit when we mocked the handicapped.

Hell, I’d expect handicap jokes at 20 not 50. Or at least have them be more clever. We all used to do that fucked up hand shit when we mocked the handicapped.

The purpose of the handicap jokes was what's different. People are acting like he told those jokes just to make fun of handicapped people. That's not what he was doing. He was mocking the people that were acting like he goes at groups in a mean-spirited way and punches down. He made those jokes to show, that there's not going to be some handicapped mafia massing up to try and cancel him because everyone but one particular group accepts them as jokes and doesn't take them seriously.

The purpose of the handicap jokes was what's different. People are acting like he told those jokes just to make fun of handicapped people. That's not what he was doing. He was mocking the people that were acting like he goes at groups in a mean-spirited way and punches down. He made those jokes to show, that there's not going to be some handicapped mafia massing up to try and cancel him because everyone but one particular group accepts them as jokes and doesn't take them seriously.
Oh no, I got that. But the jokes still weren’t that great.

200w.gif

Oh no, I got that. But the jokes still weren’t that great.

I think that's another disconnect with not only Chapelle but things in general. People thinking because you don't like something you don't understand it or are offended by it. People can very well get the point of something and still just not like it or think it was executed well.

Back