Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation

Faizon Love begs to differ

WideImaginativeBull-size_restricted.gif

Word lol.

I think he was supposed to go on tour with Dave & Katt Williams back in 2015.

But I think Dave got that Netflix deal and Katt Williams wanna be a teenage MMA fighter so it never happened.

He probably salty about that and hating.

Saw a Huff Post article trying to stir up controversy by saying Dave made fun of one of CK's accusers. I was shocked at how many white folks were defending him in the comments.

I haven't watched these yet. Imma check them out tonight. But based on the reviews so far safe to say Chappelle dropping more heat.

But the fact that he's doing so well now after being off the map for so long made me think about this...

Wonder how Dave feels about Katt?

Crazy how much work Dave put in this year. IMO his legacy as arguable GOAT was already cemented before the comeback, at that point I think he basically had a couple specials and Chappelle show (and Half Baked and Block Party). Dude just added 4 specials that are all fire to his catalog.

Other new greats had like Louie(RIP) and Burr have been steady dropping every year or 2 since Dave’s been gone. Nigga came back and was like aight let me catch up real quick and dropped 4 specials in a year.

Last edited:
Oh and by the way, I saw Chris Rock on his current tour. I remember I saw Chappelle live before he officially came back and started dropping specials and I was hype telling yall on here he is 100% back and ready with new classic material.

Same is true for Chris Rock. He has an hour of heat, classic Chris. Seems like it’s a fully formed act , idk if he’s recorded it yet but it’s ready, he killed it.

Only thing that’s weird is that I heard mixed reviews before and heard that he had a kinda serious personal show about his divorce. I was a lil worried going into my show because that didn’t sound all that funny, but the show I saw wasn’t that at all. He was going off on the cops and Trump and everything you’d want from him. I think he might have 2 specials for Netflix coming that are totally different. I can say that one of them is gonna be fire. He had the title of it up on the screen behind him but I forget.

I watched both specials last night. He mastered his craft like he joked about.

The tone of The Bird Revelation left me with some questions though...particularly his last set.

Funny how I brought up Kat Williams and what he has said in the past about Dave, and low and behold, he jokes about it in the second special.

The tone of The Bird Revelation left me with some questions though...particularly his last set.

Funny how I brought up Kat Williams and what he has said in the past about Dave, and low and behold, he jokes about it in the second special.
The last jk in TBR went over my and the audience head

I haven’t given it any thought since watching it tho.

Both specials were good

what kat williams say about dude i dont really follow katt williams .. and dont remember if iheard what he said anyhow

The last jk in TBR went over my and the audience head

I haven’t given it any thought since watching it tho.

Both specials were good

My beliefs have caused me to be a so called "conspiracy theorist" at heart...i just don't always express all my thoughts. Mainly because everything for the most part is conjecture.

What can't be disputed is Hollywood is a strange place....

The real question is just how strange is it? Unless you apart of it, you REALLY don't know. And of you talk too much...you end up like Katt Williams.

Last edited by a moderator:
what kat williams say about dude i dont really follow katt williams .. and dont remember if iheard what he said anyhow

I haven't watched these yet. Imma check them out tonight. But based on the reviews so far safe to say Chappelle dropping more heat.

But the fact that he's doing so well now after being off the map for so long made me think about this...

Wonder how Dave feels about Katt?

Check that above video

Dave is truly a multi-racial icon. White folks love him just as much as we do.
thats easy.. "Stardom" does that.. you can say the same for any star..entertainer... for some of them when you start talking about your condition they hate you.. distance themselves from you..

I always reference that scene in do the right thing.. and that is always and element in some peoples fandom.

Kat was gone as fuck but he was lucid pr
My beliefs have caused me to be a so called "conspiracy theorist" at heart...i just don't always express all my thoughts. Mainly because everything for the most part is conjecture.

What can't be disputed is Hollywood is a strange place....

The real question is just how strange is it? Unless you apart of it, you REALLY don't know. And of you talk too much...you end up like Katt Williams.
a victim of your own demons....

Lol...

I'm not on Twitter. But I remember him saying some off the wall stuff about cloning. Tela Tequilla said the same thing. He aint talked about it too much since. I was just wondering of he said anything about Dave's comeback.

Back