Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Dave Chappelle: Equanimity + The Bird Revelation

The way he ends the second one talking bout the correlation between Iceberg Slim's Pimp book and capitalism was classic. It's amazing how the "game" still goes over a lot of people's head.

I watched that one 1st. Story was dope af. Classic Dave

They was aight, I peep the part he said bout ice berg slim being told by an OG how he train a bitch..and it’s game, I drop similar math on here at another point. And got called a sociopath..say word.

Anyway, heavy on message, light on jokes, not his best work. Seems like he was tryna fulfil contract obligations with these shits

They was aight, I drop similar math on here

tenor.gif

Just finished both,
Yeah that analogy was ill but how he started the special was >> on how he worked the suffering of a whole group of people into the story about the comedian. that shit was genius.

Comparing these special and the show..which had left a lasting impression on many. Beyond his control was the fact that people saw the funny but really didn't get it..(others more so than any) while many could come away with the same takes.. these specials were a more unmistakable charge of social commentary where at some points he just got real instead of the trade mark punchlines

And i think its purposeful that he prefers this evolution be the lasting impression of dave chappelle

Last edited:
This one wasnt as funny as the previous one. still a good show 6/10 compared to the previous.

Not as funny as the last 2 but he talked that shit tho. Went beyond jokes and punchlines.

1st one was the better of the 2 but both great.

I liked Age of Spin better than the Iceberg Slim special

Dave the GOAT for sure.

Will be rewatching both these new ones thruout the week

Yea man, the only thing that was holding him back was quantity. Now he has about 8 specials. I gotta give him the Goat title in regards to stand up, but Rock is right there as 1b.

Btw, we're about to watch the stand up on rabbit in acouple mins

Back