Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dating a woman/man with kids.

I use to be the type who said I would never date a chick wit kids, but I got older. Now it doesn't bother me. Dated 2 women wit 3 kids, which was the most for me.

Never met them tho. Both didn't bring just any guy around them. That I respected and felt the same. I left it up to them to decide when they felt like it was time to introduce me.

I was talking to a friend of mine and we got on the topic of him dating women with multiple kids. He has three children, himself but refuses to date a woman who has more than one child. He also expects women to just accept his three kids.

His reason was because if he and the woman go further, that's four children already. I mean, I get it but I've seen it work.

So I ask, can the amount of kids someone has be a deal breaker for you?

See this the type of shit that makes me mad when I read stuff like this like seriously.... How can a person with kids have all these different demands when the ball should really be in the court of the person with no kids.

Me in general I'm 34 w/no kids and frankly even if I were in the dating scene I would prefer not to date anyone with kids at all. I prefer an even "playing field".

See this the type of shit that makes me mad when I read stuff like this like seriously.... How can a person with kids have all these different demands when the ball should really be in the court of the person with no kids.

Me in general I'm 34 w/no kids and frankly even if I were in the dating scene I would prefer not to date anyone with kids at all. I prefer an even "playing field".
u raise a good point but ppl r gonna want what they want. he's gonna be in for a rude awakening if he expects his desired outcome to be likely, since as he's asking for what he can't offer, but who are we to be mad? if a woman with 1 kid or no kids wants to be with him n accept his 3, that's on her.

I think u r right with this. imo age is the biggest factor.

the average age for 1st time parent is higher than ever (late 20s) but divorce rates are high too n relationships do dissolve.

From what I've seen, 1 kid is a dealbreaker or strong red flag when you're in your 20s. At the time it isn't common place. it's hard to relate when you don't have a kid. It's enough to seem like you're in a completely different stage of life n be put off the responsibility this person has. or the potential for that responsibility to fall on you. Plus, sadly its easier to take stigma seriously when u dont know members of that demographic.

By the 30s n 40s, many of those 1st marriages or srs relationships have resulted in kids n a huge number haven't worked out. More of ur friends prolly got kids. It's the norm by then. Not only r u more likely to meet prospects who r parents, but ur perception of it might have changed due to sheer exposure within ur circle. You're more likely to accept what you know.

So yes its slightly more unreasonable for a person to view someone being a parent as a deal breaker when they're 55, although I'm sure they themselves recognize by then tht they're scaling down their pool n dont need anyone to tell them that.

Lol

I work with a 36 yr old female with two teen aged sons. I also work with a 36 yr old female with no children.

The latter is the exception, the former tends to be the rule

Lol

I work with a 36 yr old female with two teen aged sons. I also work with a 36 yr old female with no children.

The latter is the exception, the former tends to be the rule
That's y I said it's less n less likely for people as they get older to view seeing people with kids as a dealbreaker.

I would. Im a daddy so id understand time issues. The number of kids does matter. I have one. I dont think im ready to add three more mouths to feed. But that also depends on my money situation.

Doesn't matter to me...

If her kids are well-mannered, respectable and she's that way as well and their dad(s) are cool with her situation...She could have 8, wouldn't bother me.

She may be the person for me, (I) wouldn't let a number of kids she has stop me from being with a cool person.

Back