Welcome To aBlackWeb

Darryl Strawberry says weed is a gateway drug

He right to a degree ... I know many people who started at weed,then they smokin woolies,then said fuck it I'm graduating full time ta cocaine (powdered or rock )

If weed didn’t exist it just would have been something else that led them that direction

I think if he changed "Marijuana is a gateway drug" to "Marijuana can be a gateway drug," he'd be ok. Too many people smoke weed and only weed for an absolute statement to be made.
Isn't the point of a gateway drug that it may lead to other drugs? Meaning it may or may not?

It’s not a gateway drug

You are chasing a high which can be anything from crack to running a damn marathon.

Weed has nothing to do with somebody chasing a high.

The way they portray it is that if you smoke weed, you will eventually move on to other drugs. That's why I said you can't speak in absolutes.
I'm just trying to see where you're getting the idea that he spoke in an absolute term
Screenshot_20190103-235657.jpg

It's like people are quick to "not all" any conversation to death.

I'm just trying to see where you're getting the idea that he spoke in an absolute term
View attachment 99587

It's like people are quick to "not all" any conversation to death.

He's literally making the argument that marijuana acting as a gateway drug is so prevalent that it would be devastating to our youth to legalize it. No he's not saying that 100% of marijuana users go on to use other drugs, but he is using the label to promote the baseless stance that marijuana plays a part in other harder drug crises. The majority of marijuana smokers do not go on to use harder drugs, so calling it a "gateway drug" is pointless and does not really support the argument he's making.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-gateway-drug

I smoked weed for about three years in high school & stopped right before I joined the military. Never had any other hard drugs. Gateway drug is a term from the Nancy Reagan DARE era to me that scares people from weed. Stupid term. If weed your excuse for not being productive I don’t know what to tell you.

Do I think you may possibly be more open to trying other drugs if you start younger? Yes...does that make it a certainty? Nope not at all.

He right to a degree ... I know many people who started at weed,then they smokin woolies,then said fuck it I'm graduating full time ta cocaine (powdered or rock )

But how many people start with beer, yet we never saw the propaganda about 40 ouncers being a gateway drug? What about cigarettes?

The drugs the government sells never get hit with those labels, it's always the drugs they don't sell. It's all part of that reefer madness BS

Back