Welcome To aBlackWeb

Darryl Strawberry says weed is a gateway drug

Soul_Rattler

gate·way drug

/ˈɡātwā ˌdrəɡ/

noun

a habit-forming drug that, while not itself addictive, may lead to the use of other addictive drugs.

I really don't see what's wrong with calling it a gateway drug. Not everyone is susceptible to drugs to the same degree but that doesn't mean those highly susceptible people don't exist.

ehh....you right

every individual has the right to call it what they want without scrutiny

Darryl gotta understand that everybody's not in that 90's MLB circle he was in tho

I know they told him it was a weed party and had ki's on the table when he got there...that aint his fault lol

but it dont happen for everybody like that

some people can just smoke weed

if you have an addictive personality and lots of friends that get high? good luck

Ruining his legacy. He still on my fav simpson episode tho

"You're Darryl Strawberry."
"Yes."
"You play right field."
"Yes."
"I play right field too."
"So?"
"Are you better than me?"
"Well, I've never met you, but yes."

I've only been messing with it for about a year and never once wanted to do anything higher than that

He getting that white man paper to spread that

lol @AP21 you're an exception

people who start as adults got their mind made up already

they're not that impressionable

the first time I was offered some blow I didnt have a job, my own crib, or any other major responsibilities

so it was like why the fuck not?

at 31, I turn down drinks if the sun is out

"nope, not going down that road buddy" lmao

So the opiods are better?

incredulous.gif

I’ve been smoking herb consistently since I was about 14-15...and I’m waaay older than that now and still won’t even take so much as a Tylenol for a headache...never even had any thoughts of tryin’ anything else...I guess some people’s gate ways are just longer than others hunh??

I think the old model of what a gateway drug is is outdated, if it even existed at all. The idea that "the more weed you smoke, the less it affects you and then you graduate to harder drugs because don't do it for you no more" isn't logical. Your environment is the gateway, not weed. Lol

Last edited:
I smoked weed from 15 to my current age of 30. I do believe when u get high as a teen you kind of curious and normal to have the "if this makes me feel good I wonder what ____ would do" mind state at some point. Not saying crack or heroin.....lol but let's say I heard about these pills and they are given by doctors so let me see what its talking about...then you end up fucked.

As an adult or transitioning into adult hood you realize your boundaries more clear. So yeah weed is def a gateway for a young teen smoker imo. For me I've done xanax, blow, pills, syrup, and X. I am completely disgusted at the thought of doing any of those things as a grown man with some sense.

I've smoked my fair share of weed in my life but I've yet to smoke a single rock, snort a single line, or pop a single pill and I can pretty much count the number of times I've been drunk in my entire life. It's not the weeds fault that Strawberry became a certified dope fiend. Instead of blaming the herb Strawberry needs to man up and do the 1 thing him and the rest of the dope fiends out there wont do and blame himself.

Back