Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dame Dash Is Selling His Stake In 'Reasonable Doubt'

I see what you trying to do but the message is being lost in translation.

The 808 drum machine was invented by Japanese comanpy Roland.

Technic turntables were also made by a Japanese company.

2 staples of hip hop music, no?

Hey man, I'm just posting a clip I saw :mybad:

I see what you trying to do but the message is being lost in translation.

The 808 drum machine was invented by Japanese comanpy Roland.

Technic turntables were also made by a Japanese company.

2 staples of hip hop music, no?
The 808 was originally meant for dance music. In fact, Ad Rock of the Beastie Boys was one of the first to use it within hip hop IIRC. Still, the innovations of the 808 sound were mainly sparked by Black artists. Also, the Technics might've been a Japanese import, but they did not come up with the idea of using two of them to blend music. More smart dumb nigga shit from Wasalu.

The 808 was originally meant for dance music. In fact, Ad Rock of the Beastie Boys was one of the first to use it within hip hop IIRC. Still, the innovations of the 808 sound were mainly sparked by Black artists. Also, the Technics might've been a Japanese import, but they did not come up with the idea of using two of them to blend music. More smart dumb nigga shit from Wasalu.

hey believe it or not…he didn’t say that they came up with it.

He said they invented the 808s.

He said they invented Technics turntables. Period.

Anything after that is extra shit that he didn’t say.

hey believe it or not…he didn’t say that they came up with it.

He said they invented the 808s.

He said they invented Technics turntables. Period.

Anything after that is extra shit that he didn’t say.
What was he implying tho? Couple this with the more Japanese than American thing and it sounds like some disenfranchised nerd shit. Egyptians created papyrus but no one would reference them when talking about the origins of 2D animation.

What was he implying tho? Couple this with the more Japanese than American thing and it sounds like some disenfranchised nerd shit. Egyptians created papyrus but no one would reference them when talking about the origins of 2D animation.

He didn’t say he was more “Japanese than American”. He said he felt like he was more culturally Japanese than culturally African. Not African American…AFRICAN. I don’t feel culturally African either. It’s not that farfetchef.

I don’t know what he was implying with the conversation as a whole. I don’t know how the conversation even started.

So there was no money in music??? He referenced one album going plat... What about the other (20million??? 30million???) records they sold???

Also Dame's teeth sound like their 20 times too big for his mouth, dude sounds like Kanye when he had his jaw wired shut...
I'm pretty sure hes still wearing that grill, thats why he sounds like that. Imagine being almost 60.....and wanna rock a grill again, smh.

I bet a few people tried to buy it for low 7 figure, but he did the whole, " i know what i have" and wants to act like this album was thriller.

Funny part about that clip is, Dame has had money so long hes talking like the white crooks with money, that he claims to hate. Imagine selling millions of records for years, going on crazy tours n shit, then years later going, "yea, theres no money in music, i never made any real money in it. I had to split money with my partners n shit, after that, whats left is nothing".

I'm pretty sure hes still wearing that grill, thats why he sounds like that. Imagine being almost 60.....and wanna rock a grill again, smh.

I bet a few people tried to buy it for low 7 figure, but he did the whole, " i know what i have" and wants to act like this album was thriller.

Funny part about that clip is, Dame has had money so long hes talking like the white crooks with money, that he claims to hate. Imagine selling millions of records for years, going on crazy tours n shit, then years later going, "yea, theres no money in music, i never made any real money in it. I had to split money with my partners n shit, after that, whats left is nothing".
The saddest story comes from those who once had the glory- Fabolous

He didn’t say he was more “Japanese than American”. He said he felt like he was more culturally Japanese than culturally African. Not African American…AFRICAN. I don’t feel culturally African either. It’s not that farfetchef.

I don’t know what he was implying with the conversation as a whole. I don’t know how the conversation even started.
Still crazy. I used to watch hella anime and NJPW and I know many Black ppl that do, but not for one second have I ever felt "culturally Japanese"... the fuck does that even mean anyway? A lot of American culture, particularly hip hop, is inherently African. From the drums to the coded language to the way we spread art from ppl to ppl, this is the closest to our homeland we can get while colonization is still a thing. This is what I'm talking about... we're so used to not owning our own identity, let alone a copyrighted artform, that we would tie our own human sensibilities and creature habits to another man's culture just to say we have a identity safe enough for our oppressors. I see why he would want Dame to sell a 100% Black American owned artwork to a Canadian Jew... nigga would sell his catalogue to Capcom if he even owns it.

Still crazy. I used to watch hella anime and NJPW and I know many Black ppl that do, but not for one second have I ever felt "culturally Japanese"... the fuck does that even mean anyway? A lot of American culture, particularly hip hop, is inherently African. From the drums to the coded language to the way we spread art from ppl to ppl, this is the closest to our homeland we can get while colonization is still a thing. This is what I'm talking about... we're so used to not owning our own identity, let alone a copyrighted artform, that we would tie our own human sensibilities and creature habits to another man's culture just to say we have a identity safe enough for our oppressors. I see why he would want Dame to sell a 100% Black American owned artwork to a Canadian Jew... nigga would sell his catalogue to Capcom if he even owns it.

Hey man, I’m not him. You’re not him. I don’t know of his personal experiences with Japan or enough about his personal lifestyle to know what he means by saying he feels more Japanese culturally than African culturally.

As far as him wanting Dame to sell his share of RD to Drake, he said it’s because Drake has the means and has already shown a penchant for collecting hip hop memorabilia. He referenced Drake being one of the first people he knew of that did so and spoke on how one of the first instances that the public knew of him doing so was him buying Pusha T’s autographed mic.

He also said he never heard the diss tracks so he’s lost on the whole colonizer angle.

Last edited:
He think dude took his style, not rap style but image style is was more successful at it, for…reasons

When the actual reasons is that he can make consistent listenable music and gets that, that’s what people actually want.

Him hating on K.Dot is imaginary player shit. It's not real. Just projection from rap heads. Him posting Drake should buy it(because why wouldn't he want to) has nothing to do with Kendrick.

Attachments

• RDT_20240722_1825346863723775029228967.png
    RDT_20240722_1825346863723775029228967.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Back