Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dallas Officer Amber Guyger's trial for the murder of Botham Shem Jean begins (FOUND GUILTY)

I just clicked the live stream to tune in for a lil bit..

How/Why are they - what seems to be - still presenting evidence during this phase? I dont know much about trials n shit but dont you have to present all of that shit beforehand? Before the verdict is delivered?
This a whole other trial in itsef, now they bringing evidence on why she should get a minor sentence as far as the defense and why she should sit for a long time if you the prosecution

I just clicked the live stream to tune in for a lil bit..

How/Why are they - what seems to be - still presenting evidence during this phase? I dont know much about trials n shit but dont you have to present all of that shit beforehand? Before the verdict is delivered?

They still have to decide a sentence. I'm think it might just be presenting whatever remaining evidence to the judge or RE-presenting it so she can decide a sentence.

^^^^All that shit could be false. Just my guess.

Also she might commit suicide before she goes in.

I imagine her playing that day over in her mind. Like if I only didnt go up the wrong stairs my life would be perfect. That might be enough for her to od on some sleeping pills or something.

That hefa ain't give af about it 2 days after it happened. She was back to sexting ole boy. So why would it linger in her mind now?

This a whole other trial in itsef, now they bringing evidence on why she should get a minor sentence as far as the defense and why she should sit for a long time if you the prosecution
They still have to decide a sentence. I'm think it might just be presenting whatever remaining evidence to the judge or RE-presenting it so she can decide a sentence.

^^^^All that shit could be false. Just my guess.

didn't realize thats how shit went down.. thanks

Im not sure if she was ever locked up. I dont think shes seen as a threat to herself or others so i took it as a situation where she will be sentenced and given a day to turn herself in to get her affairs in order.

Not sure though. It is a violent crime so she also could have been locked up during the trial.

If she's given the chance to "get her affairs in order" what's the bet that she's gonna try to run? And I don't mean some nigga-flight either where you on the run but go to obvious places like a relative's crib in another state. I mean this broad, if given the chance, might try to sneak out of the country and head to a non-extradition treaty country where she could blend in and live out the rest of her days.

Damn, fun fact that I just learned: Texas state law doesn't have different degrees of murder. Like 12t, 2nd, 3rd. But they kinda do, just under different names. they have:

1. capital murder
2. murder
3. manslaughter
4. criminally negligent homicide

didn't realize thats how shit went down.. thanks

How sentencing is done varies by state. Getting found guilty in DC today you wouldn't be getting your sentencing hearing today. That would come at minimum in a month.

Also I don't know if yall heard it earlier. If she gets sentenced to 10 years or less she can get an appeal bond and be free on the streets until the appeal is decided.

Anything over 10 yrs she can still file an appeal but she will be in prison while waiting on the appeal decision.

How sentencing is done varies by state. Getting found guilty in DC today you wouldn't be getting your sentencing hearing today. That would come at minimum in a month.

Also I don't know if yall heard it earlier. If she gets sentenced to 10 years or less she can get an appeal bond and be free on the streets until the appeal is decided.

Anything over 10 yrs she can still file an appeal but she will be in prison while waiting on the appeal decision.

Yeah that's why I was surprised and happy that this shit was gonna all be over today. It ain't like that in Atlanta. Or out here in cali.

Also, naw I didn't know none of that. My suspicion has been that they were gonna give her 10 years. Meaning this bitch might be free TODAY? SMH.

Well the judge is black, so even if she don't give her the max, at least she'll understand that that you man's life was worth more than 10 years of hers.

Man, y'all calling the sister a coon for straightening some hair. Y'all gotta relax. For all you know, show was over there whispering, 'Yeaaaah bitch. Let's get you looking right. Them bitches in d-block bout to ventilate yo ass. Tough luck.'
Nope. Nah. She's a coon.

I need to see some more in it but they say judge brought the subject of the castle law so it couldn't be used in appeal but.. I'm not getting how they could even attempt to

Funny how the defense seems to be trying to get something about weed usage on Guygers part thrown out as prejudicial but I dont remember hearing any of that shit in the media when they tried to put that on Botham Jean..

Back