Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cyhi writes songs for Travis Scott?

I agree with that, but if you’re after money I’d say you’re better off behind the scenes penning the tracks, than dealing with all the bullshit that comes with the industry.

Oh definitely...I’m not knockin’ tha ghostwriter or tha artist even...I’m just sayin’ I’m not gonna consider someone who admittedly, consciously, continuously or “sneak-aly” uses a ghostwriter as an MC...yous’a fuckin’ pop artist to me **insert whatever chart toppin’ male/female artist that has done this in tha past here...we all know who they are lol**

Remember when Amber Rose tried to put Kanye on blast when she was fuckin’ Travis Scott and said summin’ to tha effect of “Why fuck Kanye when I can fuck tha nigga that wrote all his songs?!” Talmbout Travis.... Now it’s comin’ out that Kanye’s artist wrote songs for tha artist that once wrote his songs....circle of life??

:wtff: Lmaooooo
why all these dudes fucking with each other’s girls but they supposed to be boys?

One of the biggest Hip Hop songs is Poison by Bell Biv Devoe. I just recently found out that Busta Rhymes ghostwrote that rap "Backstage under age..." But I guess they get a pass because they're a quasi-R&B group.

Also, for some reason female MCs can get away with using ghostwriters, male MCs not so much.

Hip Hop is and has been “Pop” for a while.

There are MCs who still make Hip Hop in its purest form...staying true to art while existing within the realm of the Pop status its become

There are great MC’s who are not good at entertaining...and great entertainers who not good MCs...then you have the rare ones who are both

My only issue is the niggas that claim to be the nicest and you got cats writing more than hooks for you.

IDK why y’all think this is new.

This has ALWAYS BEEN PART OF THE GAME
Idk bruh. For me an example is let's say something came out that said some/all parts of Nas' Illmatic was ghostwritten that would be devastating to me as a hip hop fan. One of the biggest reasons why it's a classic album is he wrote it and his age at writing it.
We as fans gotta stop letting that shit slide like it's cool.

Back