Welcome To aBlackWeb

Critical Race Theory

I think my boy just took exception with the word theory and once he saw it wasnt theory like he thought it was, he had no choice but to double and tripple down.

Lmaooo. @5th Letter it happens to the best of us my bro
Because it’s fucking stupid. What is there to “study”? How is this fixing the problems. Caused by years of systemic racism and white supremacy?

Nah man shit is simple.

But it's really not bruh.

You have attorneys out there filing class action law suits for victimized black people and local and state legislators knocking down unjust laws right now. They can't just go into court and say "Racism is real. Check your history." They have to actually make legal cases. That's what you learn how to do in law school, and this is just a class that people take in school.

I think you just need to admit you don't know what you're talking about and let it go.

Because it’s fucking stupid. What is there to “study”? How is this fixing the problems. Caused by years of systemic racism and white supremacy?

I never talked about how useful or not useful it is. Just a post or two on what it is.

Is it useful or not is a whole different discussion and i havent thought about it enough to have a strong opinion either way about it

The thing is can you teach white folks they need to be responsible for racism if they don’t know what racism is fully? I mean they are protesting this for a reason. But I feel like 5th might be vowing this as like some liberal band aid shit which I understand

The thing is can you teach white folks they need to be responsible for racism if they don’t know what racism is fully? I mean they are protesting this for a reason. But I feel like 5th might be vowing this as like some liberal band aid shit which I understand
It is

they are protesting it the same way any discussion about racial issues will just point out how white supremacy fucks up everything for anyone not "white"

there are white people who I believe aren't really racist at all, but even they can't wrap their heads around the idea that they still have inherent advantages in America

but proving CRT as a theory firmly puts the problem in context.........white people will somehow have to keep justifying why they believe black people shouldn't get any equity like reparations

therefore they don't even want to bring up CRT

I was just looking at Fox news the other day and they were bsing as usual talmbout that the highway system isn't racist and saying liberals are stupid

but if u look at how the interstate system was planned/executed.....it only reinforced the creation of low income neighborhoods in cities that mainly affected black communities

I agree w/ everything in this quote

cuz context matters.......especially if u are pushing STEM education

no point to understanding raw mathematics (which is pretty much the foundation of STEM education) without understanding the relevance of it to the real world

even to prove CRT as a theory needs people who can understand quantifiable examples...............unfortunately our education system right now doesn't serve to truly "educate" our population

so even tho I do believe we should emphasize STEM to our kids, they still need to also understand how much other fields of study are necessary and a complement to a true well rounded education

The fact that CRT is being discussed in the way it is and the objections to it show that people as a whole have little to no understanding on how to actually apply certain concepts to the real world.

Maybe I’m simplifying my point too much but what is there to study about the impact of racism? There is no “theory”. Just look at history and look at today if you want to see the “impact”

There's plenty to study about the impact of racism. Especially because there's multiple factors that go into how it affects people's lives

What about that do you understand? Again, CRT is just a class. It in and of itself is not meant to fix anything, so calling it a liberal band-aid doesn't make any sense. It, like any other course, is meant to provide students with the knowledge and expertise necessary to perform tasks within their designated jobs. For example, if you want to be a Civil Rights attorney, it might help you to understand the ins and outs of systemic racism within the legal system so that you can formulate the best way to combat it. No black person should have a problem with that.

Ya'll are falling into the trap that the racist white people have set. This isn't just some fly-by-night topic that just popped up. CRT has been taught in universities for damn near 40 years now, and has already been used to help people out or effect change to some extent.

What about that do you understand? Again, CRT is just a class. It in and of itself is not meant to fix anything, so calling it a liberal band-aid doesn't make any sense. It, like any other course, is meant to provide students with the knowledge and expertise necessary to perform tasks within their designated jobs. For example, if you want to be a Civil Rights attorney, it might help you to understand the ins and outs of systemic racism within the legal system so that you can formulate the best way to combat it. No black person should have a problem with that.

Ya'll are falling into the trap that the racist white people have set. This isn't just some fly-by-night topic that just popped up. CRT has been taught in universities for damn near 40 years now, and has already been used to help people out or effect change to some extent.

Bro before you go off I fully agree with CRT being a need. I was just saying what 5th might think this is about.

Back