Welcome To aBlackWeb

Critical Race Theory

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
So I 'm not really following the Kyle Rittenhouse trial but I keep hearing the phrase "Critical Race Theory". I think I have an idea what it means but I'm not sure.

Basically, what I think Critical Race Theory means is that racism is a thing in 2021. The opposite of Critical Race Theory is that it's 2021 and race isn't a thing anymore.

The opposing viewpoint of Critical Race Theory is that race and racism was a thing before the civil rights movement and things were really bad when Whites used to lynch Blacks in the 1920s, but those days are over.

Am I understanding Critical Race Theory correctly?

Last edited:
Am I understanding Critical Race Theory correctly?

No.

At it's simplest it's a study of race, with a focus of how racism has systemic causes and propagation. It's not just KKK running around and lynching people that is causing problems for other races.

Say for instance - We live/abide by a system of laws and bureaucracy that outlived all those who created it, as will the laws and bureaucracy created today likely outlive all of us who vote on or create it. But the consequences and ramifications will ring out for decades impacting lives. Now apply that to certain implementation of certain laws and you'll see that even a non-malicious bias can spiral into prejudiced/racist policy. So it will be that much worse if the intentions actually are malicious.

City zoning laws/ordinances, voting blocks/districts, criminalization of activities/propaganda highly correlated with race. Once started it's a snowball effect that leads to discrimination against one group putting them at a disadvantage while boosting another. After some time it becomes self perpetuating and self fulfilling. This group does well so they get more, this group does poorly so they receive nothing. But the group that does more was given more and allowed more from the start so 90yrs down the line, all you see are the products of systemic actions taken generations ago.

CRT focuses and dissects these instances and critiques them and the influence and results they produce.

the true focus of CRT is systemic and generational impact

simple-minded racists think CRT = white people are racist and evil........and think this is what is being taught to children

when true CRT focuses on how laws created during a time when outward racism was culturally accepted

still continue to impact generations today

true CRT is college level curriculum..........but politicians have convinced many casual voters that it's being taught to elementary school kids

and many elementary school teachers aren't really educated on CRT.......hence all of the confusion

CRT is so controversial is because it makes people uncomfortable to acknowledge that racial issues still aren't as great today as publicly portrayed

white folks today pretend like Ruby Bridges isn't still alive and only in her 60s.........they want to pretend like direct racism is a thing from a distant past

and many black folks have cognitive dissonance and don't want to recognize that we are still in the bottom categories of a lot of socioeconomic factors in America..........hence why u even see some black folks who are against CRT

How is racism a theory? Jim Crow and redlining didn’t exist?

CRT doesn't focus proving that systemic racism exists. The existence of the racism is a given else CRT wouldn't have even been conceived. The actual theory seeks to explain the extent to which systemic exists and identify the impact.

CRT doesn't focus proving that systemic racism exists. The existence of the racism is a given else CRT wouldn't have even been conceived. The actual theory seeks to explain the extent to which systemic exists and identify the impact.

Racism isn't a theory. No one has suggested it is, and the name doesn't either. Why are you pretending to be dense. I don't get it.

They know what they’re doing

Who is they bruh? The name "Critical Race Theory" wasn't created by its opponents. It was created by the people actually advocating for more study of the impacts of racism on our systems and society.

Racism isn't a theory. No one has suggested it is, and the name doesn't either. Why are you pretending to be dense. I don't get it.

Who is they bruh? The name "Critical Race Theory" wasn't created by its opponents. It was created by the people actually advocating for more study of the impacts of racism on our systems and society.
Because slavery and gentrification isn’t a theory.

Yes, it's a theory meant to explain the impacts of systemic racism. That is not the same thing as saying racism is a theory. CRT by its very nature depends on the existence of systemic racism being a demonstrable fact.

I'm positive you understand that, so I'm not really sure what your aim is here.
Maybe I’m simplifying my point too much but what is there to study about the impact of racism? There is no “theory”. Just look at history and look at today if you want to see the “impact”

Maybe I’m simplifying my point too much but what is there to study about the impact of racism? There is no “theory”. Just look at history and look at today if you want to see the “impact”
Some white ppl think racism is over or that "black folks need to stop complaining bc slavery ended a long time ago".

They're like a fish in a bowl that dont know what water is.

Back