Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cops placed on leave after watching man drown

The Tempe, Arizona, cops who refused to rescue a man drowning in an area lake were following their training by not jumping in to save him, according to the local police union.

Members of the Tempe Police Department receive "no training in water rescues" and do not have "equipment to help people at risk of drowning," the Tempe Officers Association — which represents officers of the Tempe police force — said in a statement to Insider on Tuesday.

"Attempting such a high-risk rescue could easily result in the death of the person in the water and the officer, who could be pulled down by a struggling adult," the union said. "Officers are trained to call the Fire Department and/or get the Tempe Police boat. That is what officers did here."
Three Tempe police officers have been put on paid leave as the department investigates their response to the May 28 drowning of 34-year-old Sean Bickings.

Man I wouldnt have jumped in either, cause I can only swim good enough to save me, and even thats questionable.

But with that said, fuck these cops man. 11 minutes of doing nothing? Even if im not jumping in, i would have atleast tried to help dude. Find a rope, call the station and ask for something, call fire department and ask. Def dont just sit there and watch. Smh

My thing is why they ain’t immediately call fire department I know they all cool. Like I’m realizing it must not take a lot to be a cop at all cuz these folks stupid

This a conversation they ain’t ready to have. Let it been a white girl all of em woulda been on it.
This is more internet jargon thats getting used incorrectly by you in this post.

Who is "they" on here?

Do you know youre on ABW, A BLACK WEB. Literally everybody on this board would agree if so and so was white folks would have did something different in ALL events. That phrase has probably been said by every poster on here.

The Tempe, Arizona, cops who refused to rescue a man drowning in an area lake were following their training by not jumping in to save him, according to the local police union.

Members of the Tempe Police Department receive "no training in water rescues" and do not have "equipment to help people at risk of drowning," the Tempe Officers Association — which represents officers of the Tempe police force — said in a statement to Insider on Tuesday.

"Attempting such a high-risk rescue could easily result in the death of the person in the water and the officer, who could be pulled down by a struggling adult," the union said. "Officers are trained to call the Fire Department and/or get the Tempe Police boat. That is what officers did here."
Three Tempe police officers have been put on paid leave as the department investigates their response to the May 28 drowning of 34-year-old Sean Bickings.

Also they could have tried tossing something in the water at the very least

This is more internet jargon thats getting used incorrectly by you in this post.

Who is "they" on here?

Do you know youre on ABW, A BLACK WEB. Literally everybody on this board would agree if so and so was white folks would have did something different in ALL events. That phrase has probably been said by every poster on here.

29876661-B9A0-4802-82E7-A5F0BCA2BB53.jpeg
it was a play on that post bro leave me alone

we were going off of the assumption and bail yall were shooting saying "what if they didnt know how to swim"

Ok... at the bare minimum call someone who knows how to swim to assist then instead of sitting there and watching someone drown to death.

I fully understand trying to save someone from drowning is dangerous... and yeah dude hopped into the water himself... that doesnt absolve the police from sitting there watching him drown to death while doing nothing.

I feel like yall looking at it from a perspective of a civilian and not someone whos job is to "serve and protect" people.

Cops having this typa laissez faire ass attitude is never good and im legit surprised yall lettin it rock in this case seeing as how many of yall shared in the outrage of cops sitting on the sidelines while children were killed.

if they call someone it ain't like they'll be there in a min

so they'll still be watchin them drown

:shrug2:

I wanna sympathize with this but......

I empathize and feel for his wife tho, I'm sure it was horrific on scene

Bet money they'd jump in if it was another cop

Bet money a fireman would have jumped in

"aim for the bushes"

aim-for.gif

Based on the Uvalde shit and this shit, it seems the real issue is the perception of what a police offices job is vs. what their actual job is. And I would say that that isn't their fault. But police officers really go out of their way to portray themselves and their job as something it CLEARLY isn't.

We should all start being more honest about what the role of the police is in today's society. And it should start with them being more honest about it.
Facts they just a higher pay security guard if we being honest.

Her natural instinct was to grab me/climb on top of me when I got to her..so when I got to her she was pushing my head/upper body down to push herself up.

Thank god I was able to get to the edge of the pool before she drowned us both.

I couldn’t imagine saving an adult.
Hate to say it be often times you need to punch a person in the nose to distract them long enough to hell them.

Then they should render aid in any way possible..which is you know.. their job...

including calling someone who can swim to assist if they cant instead of saying... "I'm not going to help you" while the dude drowns to death as they watch

Point blank period

Back