Welcome To aBlackWeb

Cops placed on leave after watching man drown

we were going off of the assumption and bail yall were shooting saying "what if they didnt know how to swim"

Ok... at the bare minimum call someone who knows how to swim to assist then instead of sitting there and watching someone drown to death.

I fully understand trying to save someone from drowning is dangerous... and yeah dude hopped into the water himself... that doesnt absolve the police from sitting there watching him drown to death while doing nothing.

I feel like yall looking at it from a perspective of a civilian and not someone whos job is to "serve and protect" people.

Cops having this typa laissez faire ass attitude is never good and im legit surprised yall lettin it rock in this case seeing as how many of yall shared in the outrage of cops sitting on the sidelines while children were killed.
Who they calling that will make it there to save him

we were going off of the assumption and bail yall were shooting saying "what if they didnt know how to swim"

Ok... at the bare minimum call someone who knows how to swim to assist then instead of sitting there and watching someone drown to death.

I fully understand trying to save someone from drowning is dangerous... and yeah dude hopped into the water himself... that doesnt absolve the police from sitting there watching him drown to death while doing nothing.

I feel like yall looking at it from a perspective of a civilian and not someone whos job is to "serve and protect" people.

Cops having this typa laissez faire ass attitude is never good and im legit surprised yall lettin it rock in this case seeing as how many of yall shared in the outrage of cops sitting on the sidelines while children were killed.

I'm legit surprised that you're surprised at the bold.

The way people flip flop on here that shit ain't surprising to me at all.

This site is the king of
friday-movie-that-was-different.gif

The degree of care shown to people in the act of running from the police is always going to be bare minimum…comparing it to Uvalde is silly

I'm legit surprised that you're surprised at the bold.

The way people flip flop on here that shit ain't surprising to me at all.

This site is the king of
friday-movie-that-was-different.gif

shooting bail for cops standing by and letting someone die is not something I was expecting...

The degree of care shown to people in the act of running from the police is always going to be bare minimum…comparing it to Uvalde is silly

Standing idly by while someones life is in danger and doing NOTHING is not a silly comparison when it's supposed to be your job to protect lives..

We've seen them show a degree of care to persons that just got done shooting up a bunch of people before...

shooting bail for cops standing by and letting someone die is not something I was expecting...

Not that I expected it either but at the same time I wasn't the least bit surprised to see it.

Standing idly by while someones life is in danger and doing NOTHING is not a silly comparison when it's supposed to be your job to protect lives..

We've seen them show a degree of care to persons that just got done shooting up a bunch of people before...

They should attempt to save someone no matter the risk to the officer and no matter what they did prior? Yea we are just gonna disagree on this…

They should attempt to save someone no matter the risk to the officer and no matter what they did prior? Yea we are just gonna disagree on this…

slippery slope to say, yeah they can exercise discretion on whether or not they feel like doing their jobs but coo.. yall got it

Man I wouldnt have jumped in either, cause I can only swim good enough to save me, and even thats questionable.

But with that said, fuck these cops man. 11 minutes of doing nothing? Even if im not jumping in, i would have atleast tried to help dude. Find a rope, call the station and ask for something, call fire department and ask. Def dont just sit there and watch. Smh

Last edited:
This was definitely more up the fire dept’s alley…they got every type of equipment

Based on the Uvalde shit and this shit, it seems the real issue is the perception of what a police officers job is vs. what their actual job is. And I would say that that isn't their fault. But police officers really go out of their way to portray themselves and their job as something it CLEARLY isn't.

We should all start being more honest about what the role of the police is in today's society. And it should start with them being more honest about it.

Last edited:
Based on the Uvalde shit and this shit, it seems the real issue is the perception of what a police offices job is vs. what their actual job is. And I would say that that isn't their fault. But police officers really go out of their way to portray themselves and their job as something it CLEARLY isn't.

We should all start being more honest about what the role of the police is in today's society. And it should start with them being more honest about it.

Polices job is to arrest a criminal after a crime has been comitted.

Issue is police departments and unions market themselves like they prevent crime.

They dont. Cops dont prevent crime. Investing in the community prevents crime.

69637_custom-ba95834286abb5ddbf8fdc693ec07846062ef8da-s1100-c50.jpg

Sean Bickings, 34

Three Tempe police officers who looked on as a man drowned in an Arizona lake late last month have been placed on "non-disciplinary paid administrative leave" as several law enforcement agencies investigate what happened.
According to city officials, officers responded to a call about a disturbance just after 5 a.m. outside the Tempe Center for the Arts, where they found Sean Bickings, 34, and his companion.
Officers were talking to an uncuffed Bickings — who officials described as an "unsheltered Tempe community member" — while they ran his and his companion's name through a database to check for outstanding warrants, authorities said.
It was then that Bickings climbed a metal fence, descended an embankment and began to swim in Tempe Town Lake, police body camera footage from one of the officers shows.
The footage cuts out before Bickings begins to struggle in the water, but the city provided a transcript of the video from there.
"I'm drowning," Bickings says.
An officer tells him to swim to a pylon, but Bickings says he can't.

Okay, I'm not jumping in after you," the officer responds.

"I can't touch. Oh God. Please help me. Help me," Bickings says moments later.

The Tempe Police Department is investigating Bickings' death, an inquiry that will also be reviewed by the Arizona Department of Public Safety. The Scottsdale Police Department is conducting a separate administrative review of how the police responded.

City Manager Andrew Ching and Police Chief Jeff Glover called the drowning a "tragedy." Police said Glover met with Bickings' mother on Wednesday.

Authorities say they plan to release additional portions of the body camera video this week from all three responding police officers. That footage will also be edited "due to its graphic, sensitive nature," they said.

Tempe Police and city officials say they are also reassessing their water response protocols, what equipment officers might need and the placement of rescue equipment at bodies of water.

This is terrible and shows again cops are fucking useless like if they can’t swim call somebody do something

Polices job is to arrest a criminal after a crime has been comitted.

Issue is police departments and unions market themselves like they prevent crime.

They dont. Cops dont prevent crime. Investing in the community prevents crime.

Yeah, pretty much. There is literally 'PROTECT and serve' scrolled on the cars. And they constantly market themselves as the only thing standing between the average citizen and death. smh.

Even if I can swim well, I’m not jumping in after a homeless guy who entered a lake of his own accord

No telling what his state of mind is, he could see your rescue attempt as an attack and try to fight you, fuck that…

I’d go look for some rope or something to toss to him tho

He literally asked for help tho. So him viewing help as an attack probably won’t gonna happen

If you run and hop a gate into a tiger pit I’m not saving your ass either (word to Snowfall)

If you’re a cop I think you would shoot at the tiger right not let somebody get ate. I’m not saying cops needed to be super nigga but I’d think cops are trained to deal with all sorts of shit. Ain’t no protocol for somebody drowning?

Back